• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What song are you listening to right now?

Hmm, that reminds me to give Let It Bleed another listen. Also loud, as it should.
full
Ah, I love that one! It was the first record my mom ever bought and now it's sitting on MY shelf. :)

Exactly what I'm doing right now, listening to it on vinyl, one of the first albums I ever bought. Even with all the pops from years of playing it's still awesome!

So I just found out Let It Bleed was released on the 5th of december, or my birthday. Not the same year, but still, inane stuff like that makes me happy. Now I'll have a soundtrack for that day. And people call me crazy :rolleyes:

Anyway, I've just been playing this in loop on the headphones.

The moment that second guitar comes in at 2:20... *sigh*. The build up before is pretty much just my brain remembering it can do other things than worry about the worries my worries have, so it sends out orders to restart the production of dopamines/endorphines/whatever kind of funny chemicals a brain can make, and then as the machines are back up and running, and brain is rummaging around in the warehouse trying to find some space, only to find out there's already a huge stockpile of the stuff laying around unused, so in stead of letting it go bad, it decides to just get rid of the whole batch at once, in some kind of warm orgasmic gulp of raw electric fuzziness. I'm actually trembling a little bit now.
It really is like an orgasm, but without the stickiness. And spastic stuff. Although I was tensing up and flapping my arms about quite a bit at some point, but that's not the same. I don't flap my arms about during sex, at least that's good, I suppose. Or jump around. Maybe I should try that some time. Or maybe not, people might get hurt. Wait, I think I'm on the wrong train of thought here. Better get of now. What to do with this bit of internal monologue? Is this suitable for broadcast? See, there's even that post orgasmic feeling of shame and insecurity. Wonderful. I'd listen some more, but I'll need at least 15 minutes or so. Maybe a quick shower. No, definitely not suitable for broadcast. Just ignore and forget all of this and listen to the song. Or another song. I don't mind. I probably just played it way too loud anyway. Don't do that people. It makes you go deaf. Maybe masturbate instead. And don't read this rambling.

So I just found out Let It Bleed was released on the 5th of december, or my birthday. Not the same year, but still, inane stuff like that makes me happy. Now I'll have a soundtrack for that day. And people call me crazy :rolleyes:

Anyway, I've just been playing this in loop on the headphones.

The moment that second guitar comes in at 2:20... *sigh*. The build up before is pretty much just my brain remembering it can do other things than worry about the worries my worries have, so it sends out orders to restart the production of dopamines/endorphines/whatever kind of funny chemicals a brain can make, and then as the machines are back up and running, and brain is rummaging around in the warehouse trying to find some space, only to find out there's already a huge stockpile of the stuff laying around unused, so in stead of letting it go bad, it decides to just get rid of the whole batch at once, in some kind of warm orgasmic gulp of raw electric fuzziness. I'm actually trembling a little bit now.
It really is like an orgasm, but without the stickiness. And spastic stuff. Although I was tensing up and flapping my arms about quite a bit at some point, but that's not the same. I don't flap my arms about during sex, at least that's good, I suppose. Or jump around. Maybe I should try that some time. Or maybe not, people might get hurt. Wait, I think I'm on the wrong train of thought here. Better get of now. What to do with this bit of internal monologue? Is this suitable for broadcast? See, there's even that post orgasmic feeling of shame and insecurity. Wonderful. I'd listen some more, but I'll need at least 15 minutes or so. Maybe a quick shower. No, definitely not suitable for broadcast. Just ignore and forget all of this and listen to the song. Or another song. I don't mind. I probably just played it way too loud anyway. Don't do that people. It makes you go deaf. Maybe masturbate instead. And don't read this rambling.
Wow, I haven't heard that song in it seems like forever! I love your description of it, Janis Joplin's voice is so so visceral!

Wish I could've gotten to see these guys live, but I saw their lead singer do an extraordinary performance with the Preservation Hall Jazz Band and John Oates.

My Morning Jacket
"Wordless Chorus"

For those interested a Suzi quattro concert from last year. at around 60 Years young. at 50 minutes has her bass guitar solo

Last edited:
X-Japan. Yes. :D

Well, it seems I've finally broken through the depression that has generally prevented me from watching anime for a while (long story).

So for the past several days, I've (finally) been watching Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) after being nagged by my boyfriend for months (thanks, sweetie <3) and am now finished, so these songs have been on repeat in my brain:

Attack on Titan is amazing and I highly recommend it, but due to some mature content, it's not for the young or the faint of heart.

I'm listening to Falling Inside the Black by Skillet. It describes my feelings and has for a long, long time now. I dont care for the religious connotations of the song though.

New Threads

Top Bottom