• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What or who calms you down when you have a meltdown?

I find it difficult for any other person to calm me down… I usually turn to my dog and either hug him or we walk together.

Also, listening to hip hop.
This is a valid opinion, because it's rare we find someone we can feel comfortable enough to trust and tell our pain we may be experiencing without judging us or throwing it back in our face at some point in time. I have been very lucky to meet people like this and she is a true friend. :)

I used to self harm as a means of bringing myself back. I say used to because i am actively trying not to use that as a method. I have had some successes and usually just write down whatever is in my head at the time or I pace to calm down. My meltdowns result for different causes, so it really varies. Sometimes I’ll have my cats too.

New Threads

Top Bottom