• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What Music Do You Listen To When Working?

What Music Do You Listen To When Working?

• Total voters
Nothing. I find music too distracting...if I hear it, no matter what I'm doing or how low it's turned, it somehow has to grab my full attention. I can't stand certain waiting rooms for this reason (even though I know they have to play music per HIPAA law).

I love audiobooks, narrated short stories, and old radio plays from the 30's to the 60's. I listen to the Relic Radio podcast, Anything Ghost, the Campfire, and Old Time Horror Radio. I only listen to music at home alone where I can sing horribly without offending others :)

Hey guys! It's been riveting reading and relating to your responses while I was to and fro in activity status. I'm sorry that I didn't include metal, and I would switch it with latin (which has 0%) right now if it would let me edit ಠ_ಠ. Anyhoo, lately I have been shifting from classical to jazz/blues for my music. Recently, I found a band of electronic breakbeat jazz that I have been listening to much of late: Revolution Void. Heck, I'm listening to them right now!

When I do an important intellectual work I do not listen to any music because I do not want to get distracted and I am not god in sharing attention. When I try to work intellectually with music, I think more slowly and it is hard to focus my attention. However, I like very much listening to music during routine physical works like ironing, tidying or peeling apples. It is baroque music and opera that I listen in these situations.

While working I can't listen to music but before exams when I am under pressure I listen to my music and relax while others are either yelling at each other or stuffing their brains in their last minutes.

I primarily listen to EDM at work, very softly since I share an office room with another co worker. It's usually something light, like the Armin van Buuren station on Pandora I created or my Above & Beyond one, occasionally the Eric Prydz station. Alternatively, I listen to a rock station until it starts playing Nickelback...

I listen to classical when I am at work. If not that, then indie-folk, indie-pop, and jazz. It has to be something that puts me in a calm mood. I work with children, so the environment is hectic. I love alternative, indie-alternative, instrumental, a little classic rock, and electronic/dance, but those I listen to when I am by myself or at home.

New Threads

Top Bottom