• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What makes you feel the best or most stable?

looking back, I’ve probably had the best baseline mood when running. I’m weird. I’ve done 19 ultra marathons since 2012. Excessive running made me feel stable mentally. Next is motorcycles/mountain bikes and maybe skiing than backpacking.

My therapist says anything that gets me outside makes me feel better.

Short Term- I enjoy a lot of music. :)

I was never into gaming, but LOVED “Tony Hawk Proskater” and “Guitar Hero” for play station
one of my best physical experiences was in Boy Scouts did Mile Swim, a beautiful day, was so sensitive to temps of water, the singing of birds and surroundings, never felt physically strained, only one badge but did 3 summer camps in a row loved it

Yes I used to run long distance when I was younger and it was the best. Unfortunately my knee started complaining and I didn't want to have surgery so gave up. Nothing else physical has ever felt the same, so I wish I could still do it. But I also get a buzz out of dancing and live music. As well as anything creative/constructive. It's nice to get that sense of satisfaction and achievement.
Oh, and massage if done by a good therapist really relaxes me like nothing else does.

For me it's music for sure helps to ease anxities an lift moods if low or depressed or anxious.

I have 3d printers adruino an raspberry pi ideas projects or like minded projects all of which are interests at one time way over my head some still are an then if complication or misunderstanding sets in I hit failure but the point is I seem to be practicle an enjoy practicle things with elements of learning involved.

I enjoy learning but the best ways for me to learn I haven't figured out yet.

A good tune an doob with a hobby or project albeit like minded YouTube clips, to drawing, writing, photography, drone flying, but the only thing that is guaranteed to help is music or church sermons. With depressions I find sermons or enlightenment helps generally music without a doubt, none of these things are that which I manage daily but I think I need to get into a routine to take advantage of these benefits, now I'm learning an considering them thanks to this forum an all of you sharing an offering advice.
Its a great place to start to learn an consider what I've been dealing with unkowingly for so many years.

I feel the most stable when I can focus on one thing. So like reading a book or playing a video game. I feel really good when I shoot archery or making a puzzle.

I think it helps me stop thinking about most everything and have some calm in my brain.

Having a day of quiet helps a lot too. Like a whole day.

- reflecting on Jesus

- spending time with my husband

- cleaning

- helping a child learn

Reading the gospels and praying helps. Although it takes me some time to shut out everything to be able to focus.

Being in nature. Reading a good book. Watching a good film/documentary. Daydreaming whilst listening to music. Working out. Walking. Dancing. Decluttering. Being in fluffy blankets. Sleeping without dreams / nightmares. Reading quotes. Journaling. Crafting.

New Threads

Top Bottom