• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What is your score?

What is your IQ? :)
I don't mind answering general IQ questions,* but that's a little too personal on the open internet, like asking one's net financial worth.

My previous posts give some ballpark information, but I'd rather limit my specific responses (if at all) to PMs, when it is relevant.

*Even in Mensa's forums, we don't discuss our own specific scores (which can vary from one test to another). It tends to stratify people unnecessarily.

Last edited:
Someones "IQ" can vary on how they feel, how much they've slept and if their eating patterns are good, and other variety of things.

I have a below average verbal comprehension. You can say a sentence, and I'll only get the last word you've said, and if you say multiple sentences, you're basically speaking gibberish to me. Reason why I prefer pictures over verbal.

If you type in "IQ scores" into the site's search function you'll find numerous threads on this subject.

I got 110, which surprised me as the test is strictly visual. I graduated with a degree in English, and my highest sub-score on the WAIS-IV was in the verbal portion. My perceptual reasoning sub-test score on the WAIS-IV was only 98.

The first half of the patterns were pretty easy, IMO. In the latter half, I was clueless and guessed randomly.

110 is normal. Over 130 is intelligent.

Well, in that case, my verbal comprehension score (134) on the WAIS-IV (the official, real IQ test that tests more than one mental ability), means I'm at least verbally intelligent, hence a cum laude degree in English. War and Peace gives me no trouble whatsoever.

This test you gave is strictly visual. I never excelled in geometry. Most women aren't hard-wired to excel at STEM (engineering, etc.).

Mensa IQ Test

Please tell us your score! :)
Alfred binet who designed the IQ test was a major advocate that intelligence is not a fixed quantity. Humans should first recognize how varied human understanding is and differences in people before assuming they can tower over others.

Alfred binet who designed the IQ test was a major advocate that intelligence is not a fixed quantity. Humans should first recognize how varied human understanding is and differences in people before assuming they can tower over others.

The OP doesn't seem to understand that the test is very limited in scope. It's not even a standard IQ test proper, or it would test verbal comprehension and mathematics in addition to visual reasoning. It's simply a Mensa visual IQ sub-test you can find on the Internet.

The OP doesn't seem to understand that the test is very limited in scope. It's not even a standard IQ test proper, or it would test verbal comprehension and mathematics in addition to visual reasoning. It's simply a Mensa visual IQ sub-test you can find on the Internet.
So you are suggesting a harder test would more accurately define a person's intelligence? The IQ test was designed to show you where you are now so you can improve.

Well, in that case, my verbal comprehension score (134) on the WAIS-IV (the official, real IQ test that tests more than one mental ability), means I'm at least verbally intelligent, hence a cum laude degree in English.
A perfect example of the incongruent sub-scores that I alluded to, earlier. For auties and/or gifteds, this is evidence of asynchronous development.

I'd love to be a gardener more than anything in the world, working with my hands, using my mind.

I have no problem with intelligence - in fact I respect it - but sometimes it feels like tests are very narrow at times, measuring little to nothing which matters.

I was considered some kind of wonder-kid prodigy, but no one thinks that anymore, thank God:).

No, this test is accurate IQ test.

Taken from the website:

This IQ test is culture and language neutral. No previous knowledge is required in order to solve the 35 problems within the 25 minute limit. Since the test has not been standardized according to professional standards, the results should not be confused with a result obtained on a professional test. Your score is calculated according to your age group. If you are younger than 18 or older than 56, the results will be less accurate. The result is given using a standard deviation (SD) of 15.

A professional test would cover more than pattern recognition (the only thing this test covers), and the last one I took - WAIS-III I think it was - I scored all over the place, well below average to well above average depending on what was tested.

Last edited:
A standard dev of 15!? LOL. I guess I should have but didn't think about it when I got my results.

Ok, this is why that is funny. I scored 115. With a standard dev of 15, I can be 95% confident that my actual IQ is somewhere between 85 and 144.

As it so happens, it's sort of an interest of mine to see how I do on all these different tests and I keep track of the scores (along with the baseline IQ test I took in 3rd grade or whenever they gave it too me). The average of those scores is 132 with a standard deviation of 10. Given that data, the probability that this particular test is correct is just 15%. Rather low, I think.

I've tried various tests of this kind, and I get anywhere between 100 and 135, depending on the nature of the test. So if the average IQ is 100, I think that I can safely conclude that my IQ is somewhere above average. I have a postgraduate degree, so I know I can't be stupid, whatever these tests may tell me.

The problem for me with these is that they are timed. I find it hard to work within the time set because I get distracted easily and lose my train of thought, I want to double check my answer, and I sometimes agonize over two possble answers. I tried this test and I only had time to do the first 25, and started to randomly guess the last few, but still only answered 30 out of the 35 questions. Despite this, I got a score above average, which means that most of the ones I did answer were correct. If I'd had more time, I'd have done a lot better. Or if I practise and perfect my technique, I'll do a lot better. I feel like I didn't reach my full potential with this.

New Threads

Top Bottom