• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What is your score?

not questhioning the integraty of the test. i am dennying is usefullness

but, this is no place to continue this.

uhhhhhhhhh....apparently i couldn't be tested. so i'm either an immeasurable genius or an extreme moron :p
oh well, IQ tests are bound to be inaccurate anyway. people have different strengths, and when you design an all-puzzle test, you are biasing it against people who can't do puzzles.

pht... a pattern recognition test, typical Mensa. Every one of their "tests" I've taken has been pattern recognition of one type or another (geometric in this case). Word scrambles, whatever. As if that is the only method of demonstrating IQ. So if you suck at pattern recognition, Mensa will never let you join there little club.

I realize you probably posted this for fun, not expecting blow-back against IQ test or Mensa. Sorry.

pht... a pattern recognition test, typical Mensa.
Pattern recognition is only one aspect of IQ. The WAIS-IV Adult test tests IQ in four sub-categories:
  • Non-verbal reasoning (same as pattern recognition)
  • Memory
  • Verbal reasoning
  • Processing speed
I scored very average in processing speed. My highest score, non-verbal reasoning, was 3σ higher.* The other two were evenly spaced in the order given.

(Full-scale IQ [FSIQ] is like the center mass of all four sub-scores.)

*This spread is unusual for NTs, but not uncommon for NDs. The gap for NTs is usually within ten points.

Last edited:
I am so ridiculously stupid, that I wonder why people say I am highly intelligent?!

I went into this quiz and in truth, I just looked blankly and thought: umm what am I supposed to do? I gathered that perhaps the void space means that one should be able to guess what type of pattern belongs there? Well, I am hopeless with things like that anyway and yet, again, I am told that I am far from stupid, so either the people who say this, are incredably stupid themselves, for imagining I am highly intelligent lol or this quiz is designed to make people doubt their already low self worth?

@Suzanne ,
  1. Mensa does not resort to flattery. They accept members based on scores from many professional tests, but those tests are too expensive for many people. Because of this, they offer their own tests (usually older standard ones) at much more affordable rates.

Pages like that in the OP are just sample problems from such tests.
    ---------------------------
  2. One can have a learning disability or autism and a high IQ at the same time. Giftedness masks the autism and autism masks the giftedness. This condition is called Twice Exceptional, or 2E.
I am a member of Mensa & Intertel.

New Threads

Top Bottom