• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What is Your Pet Doing Right Now?

@Orange Glasses, I like how the article extended it to all animals. When my first dog, Leela, passed away, sometimes the only thing that really kept me going was these little birds that would come to a shelf I built outside my window. They kept me company for about two years before I started working as a dog walker and started to really come back to life after that, and now I have my own Rocky.

1658021214183.jpeg

@Rodafina -

Every time you post a picture of Rocky, I show him to my Greyhounds. They start whimpering and their tails wag. I think they want Rocky to come live with them. He’s super cute!

@Rodafina -

Every time you post a picture of Rocky, I show him to my Greyhounds. They start whimpering and their tails wag. I think they want Rocky to come live with them. He’s super cute!
Well, your greyhounds are a dream of mine! I’ve always wanted to have a greyhound, preferably two. It seems like my dogs usually find me, somehow, so maybe one day a couple of greys will find me.

When I show Rocky anything on my phone he just tries to lick it. :laughing:

@Rodafina -

Greyhounds are fabulous family members and I would be lost without mine. I have been blessed to have had nine dogs in my lifetime, six of them Greyhounds. I have always found that having at least two at a time makes my life so much easier. If I have to go out for a while, they completely entertain each other with zero separation anxiety.

Counter to what many are told, Greyhounds are easily trained to be off leash. I only have to spend about a week with an e-collar working on commands and they are trained. Occasionally I will have to do a ‘refresher course’ on one, but that is rare. If I had to walk them on leash it would take much joy out of it for them as well as me. Thankfully they have plenty of trails on our property to run as fast as they want and have the time of their lives. In fact they just got back from their morning walk and are cooling off.

DF245BC3-13E4-4E19-B2BF-A24A022C47BD.jpeg

@Rodafina -

Greyhounds are fabulous family members and I would be lost without mine. I have been blessed to have had nine dogs in my lifetime, six of them Greyhounds. I have always found that having at least two at a time makes my life so much easier. If I have to go out for a while, they completely entertain each other with zero separation anxiety.

Counter to what many are told, Greyhounds are easily trained to be off leash. I only have to spend about a week with an e-collar working on commands and they are trained. Occasionally I will have to do a ‘refresher course’ on one, but that is rare. If I had to walk them on leash it would take much joy out of it for them as well as me. Thankfully they have plenty of trails on our property to run as fast as they want and have the time of their lives. In fact they just got back from their morning walk and are cooling off.

View attachment 81909
Have you seen this before?

iureoo7864.jpg

We’re on vacation this week, so it’s important for Rocky to get his downtime :laughing:
1658344414402.jpeg

When I look at this picture, I see the gray beard on my little guy emerging. He’s a rescue, so I’m not sure how old he is, but he’s gonna be an old gray hound soon!

One of my service dogs, Naaru, is celebrating getting his Triple Crown! He's a hard worker...most of the time:) The Triple Crown is for having a trick title, a stunt title and a canine fitness title. And yes, that's his little brother's bum photobombing from the side. I also have a rat terrier as my second service dog.

Attachments

• naarudowntriple.jpg
    naarudowntriple.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 48
Stealing my midnight snacks. The little thief took them from me just by being so dang cute. He heard the rapper open and he looked at me with his sweet little eyes and suddenly my snack was gone :imp:

I have been very blessed to have had nine dogs and a horse in my lifetime. One however was the special one and the absolute love of my life. Pearl passed away two years ago today and I miss her deeply. Not a day goes by that I do not shed a tear for her. I am looking forward to the day that we are reunited again in Heaven.

DCA04C88-85EB-4449-AABB-D2374028D1FA.jpeg
EAB72E3C-9303-42D4-9797-6ECBB2A0704A.jpeg

I have been very blessed to have had nine dogs and a horse in my lifetime. One however was the special one and the absolute love of my life. Pearl passed away two years ago today and I miss her deeply. Not a day goes by that I do not shed a tear for her. I am looking forward to the day that we are reunited again in Heaven.

View attachment 82291View attachment 82292
Pearl is absolutely precious and beautiful. What a darling.

New Threads

Top Bottom