• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What is your opinion on mccarthy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess who had to Google to learn who you are referring to? :confused: If I met her, I would treat her with compassion and respect. I may not agree with someone, but I can always be kind.

Opinion: Munchausen by proxy by proxy, i.e. abuses children that aren't even hers.

I confess I had to look her up on Google:
Jenny McCarthy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
She is quoted as saying this:

"I am not 'anti-vaccine.' This is not a change in my stance nor is it a new position that I have recently adopted. For years, I have repeatedly stated that I am, in fact, 'pro-vaccine' and for years I have been wrongly branded as 'anti-vaccine.' [...] Blatantly inaccurate blog posts about my position have been accepted as truth by the public at large as well as media outlets (legitimate and otherwise), who have taken those false stories and repeatedly turned them into headlines."

And:

"I am not anti-vaccine,... I'm in this gray zone of, I think everyone should be aware and educate yourself and ask questions. And if your kid is having a problem, ask your doctor for an alternative way of doing the shots.... The ironic thing is my position has always remained the same. People just never listened to it."

..And quite a lot of people are quoted as saying she meant the opposite.
Seems to me she's in the risky position of being a celebrity who expressed an opinion:confused:
The vaccine-Autism argument's been around for decades and parents have always had the option to decline it, I remember considering possible risks when my kids had their vacc's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Threads

Top Bottom