• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What Is Your Least Favorite Sound?

EricD

Sound off (pun definitely lintended) ! Tell AspiesCentral.com what sound(s) make you want to rip your ears off! :)

I'll start! A squealing hearing aid will propel towards the nearest door at warp speed! Super high-pitched & LOUD!

A draw between chalk screeching on a chalk board and those constantly ringing school bells. Seriously, did they have to be so loud?!

A 2006 Cobra FSpeed driver! Every time I hit a ball with it, I had to drop the club & rub my ears, it sounded like a plane crash in progress, whooshBANG! With the empahisi on BANG!!!!

Hey, Starseed, it's cool! I want to flee when things get loud. Have you ever been to the American Printing House For The Blind? I have, it's really cool, but L O U D !!!!!!!!!!!

Noise past a certain volume. I am more or less fine with bird vocalizations (although the chachalacas and lapwings push it), but I don't like loud noise.

Middle class British accent. I can't stand it. I can't listen to our country's radio stations because they all talk like that. I can stand any dialect, any accent, but this one. I have no idea why. It's irrational but I hate the sound so much.

My last favorites sounds are many people talking at once, people eating, and the tinnitus that's always in my head.

Sully

If you could arrange to have your eardrums
broken a few times, the tinnitus would be
less noticeable. :eek::oops:

I speak from experience.

Also, I know that if my blood sugar is stable,
not dropping, the tinnitus is easier to
tolerate.

In my small town, there's a tornado/air raid/general emergency siren that goes off (gets tested?) every SINGLE day at 6 am, noon, 1 pm, and 6 pm. It's one of those sirens that's meant to be loud enough to be heard from miles away, and it's on top of the fire station about 100 feet from my house.

"wwwwwwwwwwwwwooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo..................................................................................................................."

Yeah, definitely that.

In my small town, there's a tornado/air raid/general emergency siren that goes off (gets tested?) every SINGLE day at 6 am, noon, 1 pm, and 6 pm. It's one of those sirens that's meant to be loud enough to be heard from miles away, and it's on top of the fire station about 100 feet from my house.

"wwwwwwwwwwwwwooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo..................................................................................................................."

Yeah, definitely that.
Why would they need to test it 4 times a day?

For me it's the sound an old monitor or tv makes, that really nasty high pitched constant hum. If I hear it I have to move / run away quick.

Another one from me is Justin Beiber's singing.
I'm not joking - whenever I hear that guy's singing, I start getting a real pain in the middle of my head and have to either get away from it or change the radio station.

New Threads

Top Bottom