• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What is your favourite decade?

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way—in short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only."

- Author Charles Dickens, "A Tale Of Two Cities"

Something I could easily cite for every decade I've ever lived through. ;)

Last edited:
For me personally, the (early) 2000's were great in terms of music. Most of my favourite music came out when I was in high school (I started in 1997, left in 2004.)

I also like the 90's, because I was born in 1986 so my childhood was the 90's. Great toys, tv shows and films.

Since there is no wrong answer, I am always reading about the Roman Republic or Empire, circa 300BC- about 100AD or Ancient Greece circa 6th century-5rd century BC

The mid 70s to the mid to late 80s had the best music ever IMO.

Most of the music after around 1988 sucked, it went to all that crap Boy Band nonsense that dominated the 90s.

I could say 90s out of nostalgia, but the current decade has by far been the best for me, so that's my favorite. I've gone from so far down I might as well have been dead to slowly but surely building a proper "life".

Last edited:
In general, the seventies, was when I was a child, who wants to grow up anyway?

The benefits: long hot summers (if you saw a cloud you reported it and it would be arrested), no Farcebook, no Jeremy Kyle, etch-a-sketch and 10cc and people actually wrote letters (with real stamps - Google 'stamps' if you're not sure).

Musically, the eighties, it was totally diverse and such fun, we'll never see its like again.

If I had to do it all over again, no thanks. But if I could take some of my knowledge, or even go back as a fifty-four year-old present day me (with my money!), I would take the seventies. Which was actually a pretty rough decade for the world, if truth be told.

Both the 80's and the 90's. Because back then, we were NOT afraid of scarin' the pants off of little kids. Oh! And the 70's, chock full of shock films.

Both the 80's and the 90's. Because back then, we were NOT afraid of scarin' the pants off of little kids. Oh! And the 70's, chock full of shock films.

Very true on the 'not afraid of scaring the hell out of kids' front. A lot of the Public Information Films we had here in the UK played out like distilled horror films.
I've even seen people from America get shocked about how dark and creepy they were.

Adverts/Public Information Films that scared you...

Britain's got America beat on things such as tragedy and darkness.

Plus, the 80's gave us Tim Burton's Batman! And David Bowie in Labyrinth.

80s is my favourite most of my favourite music comes from that era along with movies like the dark crystal,labyrinth and the never ending story and a lot my favourite cartoons came from the 80s too but the early to mid 90s cartoons were good too,while the 90s wasn't my favourite era for music the good thing about the 90s was the Disney renaissance period where one of my all time favourite Disney cartoon Beauty and the Beast was made.

New Threads

Top Bottom