• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What is your dream house?

I already basically have my dream house, but someday I would like to have a farm house, and lots of land that I can turn into an animal sanctuary.

Or permanently move into a house like my summer house in Maine.

I would prefer to live in a different country though.

So I'm a lot closer to my dream house than most. I live in New Zealand on a lifestyle block, about 15mins from the CBD where my office is and 20 mins from the airport. View of the ocean, with a sideroad to get me to some awesome low traffic hilly roads for cycling. Most of the house is timber from the 1930s, and it was moved to where it is now in the 90s and extended. So it mostly met my two requirements of 1) not being able to see neighbours and 2) not being able to hear them. The latter mostly true unless there's a loud party (rare) or the neighbours kids are playing in the pool (more often).

But my no barrier dream house would be pretty close to here. It would still be a traditional style with character. No need for more bedrooms or to be any bigger (inside or out). But I would get the garage/cycle room built that I've got on my 'to do list' - bikes and zwift room are in a converted bedroom at the moment. I'd put in a 25m outdoor pool, and then also be able to afford to heat it for year round use (mid winter here, and I was in the open air public pool this AM). I'd also extend the kitchen to be able to give me more counter and 'gadget' space.
I'd also add a couple of the satellite robo-mowers to keep the grass in check.

But then the final thing would be to buy the two houses down the hill (there's a native forest / reserve behind and to the side) so that I can then rent them to some pensioners that won't make any noise ;-) Save me needing to move at all ;-)

It would be a relatively small house with small rooms. The land around it would be filled with stables full of animals like horses, donkeys and goats and bunnies. There would also be a huge playground for my kids. My kids would have the largest rooms and they would be allowed to design them themselves. The house would include a living room, kitchen, dining room, 2 bathrooms with a walk in shower and baths. 2 children bedrooms and one master bedroom. A lego room.
And for me: One small 9m2 room with a powerful computer, tv screen, relaxing couch to sit on.

But I would much rather have a huge piece of land. With multiple small houses that are far apart enough. And have my father and myself able to quit their jobs and never work again. I would not need help in the house because I would do that work myself. Alone or with my father. All other adults in de family could continue their jobs if they wanted to. But for me. The only social interaction I would HAVE to edure would be grocery shopping and getting the kids from and to school. Other than that. Only close family. That would be heaven

My dream house would be a decent size being not too big and not too small. I’d have a full size kitchen and master bathroom with a shower stall and a bathtub and a sink with a large mirror and plenty of counter space, a living room, a gaming room with various consoles and games, a master bedroom with a nice big bed since finding sheets for anything larger than a twin that isn’t made for kids is very easy to find in my area and a walk-in closet, a craft room, a workout room, and a small room to store stuff for doing drag. I would also install cases similar to trophy cases to display my large music box and doll collections and one or two extra bedrooms for having guests. Appliances that I’d want are a nice double door fridge with a freezer drawer, decent sized oven and stove combo, garbage disposal, dishwasher, washer and dryer, indoor grill, and a bunch of Roomba robots to keep the floor clean. As for staff, all I want is a housekeeper and someone who can balance my finances and keep track of appointments for me.

I think I'm in a place that is pretty close to perfect. A little 3 bed, 1 bath ranch with a finished basement in a semi rural neighborhood. Bedrooms are a nice size, as are the kitchen, bathroom, and living room. Our rec room (book cave) downstairs is huge, as is the laundry room.

We have amazing trail access, quiet streets, stunning views of the surrounding bluffs, and a big backyard.

We've been in this house six years come October and we've put in a lot of time and effort to make it a cozy space. When we moved in everything was bilious shades of green or brown and we had multiple bald patches in the backyard.

We painted every room, put in landscaping, and invested in bookcases. And it has been well worth the time and effort.

We have a bright, comfortable, and tidy space that is easy to maintain without feeling tight.

I would love a small A-frame in the woods. I'd really love to make breakfast on a autumn day with the window open, listen to the leaves rustling in the wind as the pine needles swish while sipping some tea. It's a really cozy feeling. I'm working on saving up for a small home somewhere, but prices always seem to go up faster than I can save.

I want a cottage near the sea just a nice cottage with some room and comfortable areas
Or a mushroom house, or tree house or ice palace or castle.
But the cottage too would be lovely

New Threads

Top Bottom