• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What is the most adventurous thing you have ever done?

Hmm, in my 60 plus years I've had the opportunity to experience some adventures. I guess near the top of the list would be exiting a C-130 at 1250 feet into the night sky with an M-16, combat gear, and pack.
Wow, way lower than I would want to jump. I always opened by 2500. Glad you enjoyed it. Myself, pass.

As Bilbo the Hobbit once said, I have no use for adventures, as they are nasty disturbing uncomfortable things that make you late for dinner. I don't wish to be thrust into situations or places or things that could cause damage to my mental and physical health and well-being and spending the rest of my days with PTSD.

I have done many bold/crazy things in my life. But I think the most adventurous one was to go on an unplanned solo half-year-trip around the world. I was unexperienced at the time, so had no idea what I was doing. All I had was a flight ticket to Bangkok.
The rest just happened.

It was supposed to be ~10 months, but covid happened at the ~5 month mark.

Participation in social events is much more adventurous than thrill seeking activities for me, so it would have to be being a groomsmen for one my best friends at their wedding and second would be dancing publicly at said wedding.

Participation in social events is much more adventurous than thrill seeking activities for me, so it would have to be being a groomsmen for one my best friends at their wedding and second would be dancing publicly at said wedding.
Those would definitely be outside the envelope for me. I narrowly escaped being a groomsman at my brother's wedding. NO ONE would want to see me attempt dancing. I did go to lessons for my wife, but after the second or third session she graciously admitted I was right about having no discernable sense of rythm, and she could tell how miserable I was, even if I was trying my best. She said "Let's not keep putting you through that." I did not argue.

run.gif

Last edited:
I wanted to make our first big date special, so we parasailed of the Kaanapali side of Maui. It was scary, we were up really high tether to the boat. When they brought us down, it was straight into the water. Another scary moment was l accidentally lost some of my diving gear going thru a circle of rock formation. Nite diving was frightening because eels just look at you with their mouths open in groups but it is adventurous. Then for a minute the two people l was diving with disappeared, and l felt scared, but finally their lights came back into view. My last adventure was driving to Tijuana except l apparently went across a different border crossing, and no idea where l was. Drove around for at least 3 hours very late at nite and finally found my way to the holiday Inn. Now my biggest adventure is finding a parking space close to the grocery store. :)

Life, itself, has been an adventure for me. Never a dull day.
I guess you could say I've pushed the boundaries and done plenty of courageous things, but, really, I was just living my life the best way I knew how. I've never lived, comfortably, within the bounds of the "system" as we know it, but, I've lived the way I needed to, to be who I am and not compromise, or give away my personal responsibility or compromise my values. That puts me on the fringes, but as I have been known to say (not my original quote though) "If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space". Now, I don't believe this, it's meant to be taken lightly, as a joke. But, it's how I've lived.
Not going to expound though. My story is coming out, bit, by bit, and I'll leave it at that.

As Bilbo the Hobbit once said, I have no use for adventures, as they are nasty disturbing uncomfortable things that make you late for dinner. I don't wish to be thrust into situations or places or things that could cause damage to my mental and physical health and well-being and spending the rest of my days with PTSD.
All my PTSD was delivered where I was settled down. The adventures were looking for ways to change my exposure and recover, bringing new information and things to think about. My mother liked to travel because the superficially friendly culture on the road was simple enough for her to get along in, and any mistakes were left behind.

@Neri , l like you can't tell my stories of living on the edge. However, l am wiser, and stronger. My path has always been some what whimsical, spiritual, and constantly evolving and danger has woven a patchwork of mouse holes l managed to escape.

Since we're quoting hobits and talking about danger;

"The closer we are to danger, the further we are from harm." - Pipen

New Threads

Top Bottom