• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What is an Autie?

regnkappa

I have heard this word lately. Autie.

Whats does it mean ? Whats the difference between and apsie and an autie?

I apriciate to hear it with your own words. Not by the DSM criteria or something , I have read those.

Autie is to Autistic as Aspie is to Aspergic.
Since AS is an Autistic Spectrum Disorder, we are 'Auties', but most people like to use the term Autie when referring to someone lower functioning on the spectrum rather than at the higher functioning end of the spectrum where you find Aspies.
EMZ=]

Autie is just a casual word used for people that have Autism, just like people say Aspie. It just shortens it and makes things easier I guess, and it sounds kind of 'slang' so it's more appropriate for younger people (teens) to use, maybe.

<SNARK>

Autie: a remarkable person whose special genius doesn't include making the mediocre, the ordinary, and the envious feel superior.

</SNARK>

An Autie is the bellybutton that's opposite of an Innie.

Sorry, sorry, it's just what pops to mind every time I see the word! "Autie" is short for a person with Autism, like how "Aspie" is short for somebody with Asperger's.

An Autie is the bellybutton that's opposite of an Innie.
So that means NT=Innie?
I'm gonna add this to my new vocab list. :)

When I read 'autie', I always think 'ought to'. I'm sure many auties are told things they 'ought to' do by well meaning (and maybe not so well meaning) people. :)

Last edited:
So that means NT=Innie?
I'm gonna add this to my new vocab list. :)

When I read 'autie', I always think 'ought to'. I'm sure many auties are told things they 'ought to' do by well meaning (and maybe not so well meaning) people. :)
Slur the "t" just right, and NT is an Innie! :p

I also think of "Audi" cars and "Aldi" the grocery store.

New Threads

Top Bottom