• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What in the Where

Violence in the venom.
Understanding some venoms is understanding violence. Blue ringed Octopus venom, Cone Shell venom, are violently lethal. Then there is the venom from a Fer de Lance. I have crossed paths with all three. The most beautiful threat display is the blue rings flashing on the octopus as they try to get away from you. Then you have the beautiful nudibranchs, who incorporate stinging cells from what they eat into their skin and have warning colors. Black and Yellow, like bumble bees with these. I like finding Nudibranchs.

1671150776935.png

The most beautiful threat display is the blue rings flashing on the octopus as they try to get away from you.
I used to collect and sell Blue Ringed Octopus as a kid. They don’t inject venom, they just sort of dribble it after they’ve bitten. So if you get bitten under water you are unlikely to get poisoned, it’s people that lift them out of the water to look at them that die.

It used to be a high school project in Tech Studies, to make a car gear knob out of resin with something embedded in it. So I used to collect Blue Ringed Octopus and sell them to older kids. $1. That was a lot of money for a kid back then.

We’d pick them up by their heads and shake them to make all the colours really bright, then drop them in a jar of metho. They died almost instantly with all their colours still bright.

1671150884477.png

I used to collect and sell Blue Ringed Octopus as a kid.
I have always liked Cephalopods and their behaviors. I will not harm or eat them now and
I have had Calamari (Reef Squid) admire their reflections in my mask and follow me with every turn of my head.

New Threads

Top Bottom