• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What Hogwarts house would you be in, and why?

So, what house?

• Total voters
The first time I took the Pottermore quiz is when it came out and I got Slytherin, which I thought was really interesting.

Some time passed... and ever since then ,each time I take it I always get Ravenclaw and I'm a little disappointed.

I mean, Ravenclaw is perfectly fine. Growing up, school was always very uninteresting to me. Progressively so; with each year I performed worse as my apathy grew. But if I was in a school where the content of the classes gave me power over the world around me, I'd wager that I would be much more interested in learning.

Since I never really had a social life, that would mean all of my time would probably go towards mastering magic in some fashion, and therefore Ravenclaw, if I'm right, would fit well enough.

But that really betrays the feeling of apathy I had in normal academia--scores and class rooms... in my soul I'd probably always never really love or respect any of it, and if I were to truly plunge into studying, it would be to acquire great magical capabilities and for nothing else.

That amoral (and often in the books/movies, immoral) aim for power really sounds a whole lot more like Slytherin than Ravenclaw to me.

Not to mention, after seeing the ending of The Fantastic Beasts, setting aside the fact that Grindelwald is a meanie head, his entire idea of wizards and witches ruling the world and no longer hiding seems completely logical and ultimately unavoidable. And while I wouldn't be against magical folk and muggles mixing (it's no one's business really and any attempt to outlaw it would backfire), the fact of the matter is indeed that one is 100% better than the other--who wants to be a muggle? It isn't like people with different skin colors. The defining difference between the two is that one can do MAGIC and the other is out of luck.

The mere idea of wizard superiority seems completely aligned with the House of Slytherin to my understanding (honestly haven't read the books, but I have seen the original movies a hundred times). So Pottermore might say on the whole I'm Ravenclaw, and I'll accept that, but in my heart I would always feel like a Slytherin.

Slytherin is defined by accomplishing a goal by any means necessary and cunningness. It is not the "wizard superiority" house. It's just that many of the old racists of the wizarding world want to achieve their goals by any means necessary, and they end up in Slytherin. Your desire to learn (even if it is not in school) shows much more Ravenclaw traits to me. Ravenclaws are very creative and think outside of the box, so not all of them are good in school. Many of them, like you, get bored with school because it is so structured.

Slytherin is defined by accomplishing a goal by any means necessary and cunningness. It is not the "wizard superiority" house. It's just that many of the old racists of the wizarding world want to achieve their goals by any means necessary, and they end up in Slytherin. Your desire to learn (even if it is not in school) shows much more Ravenclaw traits to me. Ravenclaws are very creative and think outside of the box, so not all of them are good in school. Many of them, like you, get bored with school because it is so structured.

Fair enough.

It may be a greater reflection of what I am instead of what suits my tastes. Characters associated with "accomplishing a goal by any means necessary and cunningness" are always my favorite, even if they can often be bad people. The aesthetic of the Machiavellian has always been attractive to me. But in truth I don't really have the pride and sense of self-preservation to fuel any engine of ambition that would mark a Slytherin.

If you’re a fan of Harry Potter, then chances are you’ve spent perhaps a little too much time thinking about what house you’d be in. Personally, I was never that interested in the main plot of the books or films, however, I was intrigued by some of the concepts of such a World. I preferred to spend more time thinking about different Hogwarts’ houses, how magic works in this fictional universe, and magical creatures.

So, if I were a student at Hogwarts, then I’d probably spend a good portion of my spare time researching telekinesis and reading up on magical creatures. That’s why I relate more to Newt Scamander than I did to Harry Potter. I know that it’s a controversial opinion, but I actually found Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them more enjoyable than the main Harry Potter series.

I can almost hear the booing now. Yes, I know. How could I? Some might say that I’m not a true fan because of this. Implying that there’s some sort of requirement list you need to meet in order to truly enjoy such things.

But there are a lot of elements that fascinate me. Especially Patronuses, the bespoke nature of wands, and the social implications of the different houses. For instance, in Slytherin, you have a lot of witches and wizards who value leadership. I would imagine that quite a few arguments ensue over who gets to take the lead in the group. Perhaps being in Slytherin helps teach students a lesson in when it is necessary to let others take the lead, and when they should step in to help.

Although I’m probably overthinking it. I like how each house corresponds to an element. Ravenclaw is air, Slytherin is water, Gryffindor is fire and Hufflepuff is earth. Their common rooms also match their house animal and their house animal somewhat matches their element...I just…*fangirls*

Sorry about that. :oops:

I just think that it’s really neat. So, for a while, I’ve been stuck between two houses. Slytherin and Ravenclaw. After much thought, I have come to the conclusion that I’d probably be in Ravenclaw house. I’ve taken the quiz on Pottermore more times than I’d care to admit. Also, I even have a sheet keeping count of how many times I’ve gotten each result. I told someone I knew about this, and she replied: “Yeah, you’re definitely a Ravenclaw”.

However, each house has a downside. I’ve gotten into each house on Pottermore before, and I’ve read all of the acceptance/introductory letters. Based on the information that I’ve gathered, it seems as though there happen to be quite a few Ravenclaw students who would double cross you to get a good grade. Or have so much pride in their house, that they are willing to lie and say that certain individuals were in Ravenclaw when actually they weren’t. However, not all Ravenclaws are like that. Take Luna Lovegood for example.

I think that if I were in Ravenclaw, I’d probably get annoyed with the statue that guards the common room rather quickly.

“Ugh, shut up about philosophy and away with your open-ended questions, I just want my books, please!”

When you think about it, Ravenclaw students are the ones who have to travel around Hogwarts the most. Their common room is at the very top of a tower, forget about making it to potions class on time.

However, I think that I would probably fit in there. I mean, Ravenclaw is the house of creative eccentrics. They value wit, wisdom, learning, and are known for thinking outside the box. So by that description alone, I’d say that they sound like my kind of people. I’d love to hear the kind of witty jokes that must go on in the Ravenclaw common room or to take a sneak peek at someone’s research project. Perhaps even make my own.

Although, I’d prefer to control water over air. Having control over the wind would be fairly cool, but water powers...hmm…

Despite relating to Newt, I don’t think that I’d be put in Hufflepuff. I think that I probably don’t have the patience or the work ethic to be in that house. Also, I can be a bit mean sometimes. Usually whenever I’m speaking without thinking. Whilst it’s not always my intention, I can be careless with my words. Besides, their common room sounds a bit too snug for my liking. I might get claustrophobic in there. Also, the idea of getting sprayed with vinegar if I mess up the password is definitely offputting.

As for Gryffindor, whilst it is true that I have a brave side to me, I don’t think that I would fit in. Gryffindors seem...intense. I might hang out with them now and then, but I don’t think living with them would go well. However, I do like their animal. So I’ll give Gryffindor points for that.

Slytherin is cool. Aside from their unpleasant past. I like their ambition, and sometimes I do well being the leader of a group. There are times where I am overly-ambitious, only to later regret attempting so much. Slytherins are also loyal to their own kind, and self-preserving. I can respect that realist outlook. Their common room seems nice as well, I prefer it over the Gryffindor common room anyway. I can imagine myself relaxing in there quite easily. Besides, Scorpius Malfoy is awesome. In my opinion, anyway. Not exactly a solid argument, but still. :D

TL;DR: In conclusion, I’d like to be a Ravenclaw. There’s a lot of overlap between the houses, and most people are a combination of all of them to a degree. I thought for a while that I was a Slytherin, and whilst I do have Slytherin traits...I think I’d be happier as a Ravenclaw.

How about you, and why?

Edit: I meant to write Squib in the poll, but I wrote Squip because I was thinking of Be More Chill. Two very different things, yet very similar spellings. :oops: Whoops.
I'm a Slytherin and i would be into magic creatures and powers in general

Slytherin is for me - I took the quiz, but I knew even without it. Slytherin is where all the powerful and evil people go. I like! (Because I want to be powerful, evil, great and magnificent!! However, I'm none of that.. quite the opposite... I guess, this makes me dream of all the what ifs) Despite that: Slytherins are just ice-cold and cool =)

I'm both curious and critical about the world around me. I have trouble with taking things at face-value at times, and will research for the fun of it. I love knowledge for the sake of knowledge. This solidly puts me into Ravenclaw... I already own the Hogwarts replica scarf with my house colours.

I’m definitely a Hufflepuff because I like to try to get along with everyone and I am pretty loyal and a hard worker and patient. I also enjoy good food. I’m satisfied with being a Hufflepuff because it accurately describes who I am as a person.

What Is Your Hogwarts House Percentage?

I'm 49% Slytherin, 23% Ravenclaw, 22% Gryffindor, and 6% Hufflepuff!

Your Slytherin ambition combined with a typically Ravenclaw-esque thirst for wisdom means you are destined to go far in life. People often consider you to be aloof and unapproachable – and they may actually be right – as your passion for knowledge and success far outweighs your need for close relationships. For you, true friendships are rare, but you are smart enough to hold onto those you deem worthy of your affection. Your slight compatibility with Gryffindor house hints at an underlying desire for adventure that may manifest itself in a love of travel or trying new things.

34% Gryffindor, 27% Hufflepuff, 25% Ravenclaw, 14% Slytherin

You have all the loyalty of a Hufflepuff, but your affinity for Gryffindor ensures that that loyalty is fierce: You would do almost anything for your loved ones, even if it has a negative effect on you personally. This means that your friends and family members often come to you when in need, but it’s also important to remember to spend time taking care of yourself. You wear your heart on your sleeve, and impulsively act on your emotions without fear of the consequences.

Your slight compatibility with Ravenclaw house hints at an appreciation for knowledge and wisdom, though they are not priorities for you

I can't actually relate to the paragraph. I think I am a Gryffindor because I am tenacious. Like Harry, I get an idea and I don't give up on it just because things get a little dicey.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom