• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What does "okay" mean?

I don't understand the Aussie language at all. You have developed a secret code.
This little video went viral about 20 years ago, it seems a lot of people are fascinated by the way we talk.

With my Irish relatives it only takes one slang word in Norn Iron to throw me completely off.

Oh well, it's all good craic. Even if they make me scundered. :cool:

Last edited:
Update: Apparently she was unhappy when she said "okay," but since then she's said she likes talking to me and still wants to know me. It's confusing.

Her position is that throughout the course of our conversations I haven't been consistent with how I described my dating history. She claims that when she told me she's been single for seven years, I told her that I have been single for about the same amount of time. I don't remember ever saying that, especially because it's not true. But she claims that she remembers everything and she's judged me as a liar, claiming that I need to earn her trust again.

I like this person so much. But why? Just why? Why do human relationships always have to be so confusing and difficult and complicated for me? Now I don't even know if this is a healthy person for me to continue to know, especially now that I feel like she's gaslighting me and has become rather demanding in that regard.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Someone who claims to remember everything is not only badly mistaken, but likely manipulative. It's an excellent basis to claim you said things you never did, because they 'remember' and you can't ever prove a negative.

New Threads

Top Bottom