• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What do you think about freedom?

And the soul. If it's weighed down by sadness and regrets you aren't free.

What you call a soul I believe is the mind. I don't believe in souls, heaven or hell. No offense meant if you or anyone else does.

Your mind is capable of incredible feats, or the cause of incredible sorrow. It's your choice which path you choose.

I could be very easily chagrined by my situation and social standing in life, but I chose to accept who and what I am with my mind. I didn't always, but I do now.

I take joy in the smallest of things, and try not to let things I cannot control irritate me.

when I was in quarantine (flew by plane to another region of the country) i was hospitalized with bad fever (not corona just otitis) but doctors thought it was corona and they locked me on quarantine in hospital. it was like prison. i couldnt leave very small room like a whole week and i was so depressed back then so i had one attempt to suicide. when the space around you becomes less and less, you seem to plunge deep into the prison of your soul and you become afraid and full of anxiety. and this final soul prison leads to suicide.
maybe i would kill myself in real prison.
how do you feel about freedom?
how do you feel about restrictions on freedom?
and the most important thing. would you be ready to fight for your freedom?
Think about times when you've been frightened ,when you weren't in a structure that could be locked, do you think your fear is caused by an external force or internal? I fear fear (hyperventilation)itself ,I now know this ,I can't perceive I've destroyed that fear but I have it wherever iam ,so freedom is something I've never experienced but I hate hyperventilating.

I don't think of that in terms of freedom but rather, liberty. It is a small distinction, I admit. Liberty is freedom of action. (There are other freedoms.) That's easy to lose. That's what prison does. Or a hospital room. Limit your freedom of action to a point where there is nothing to do to improve your physical circumstances. Doctors are often quite heartless towards patients. They are part of a machine and you are just something to be processed.

You cannot control what the rest of the world does to you. The only thing any of us has any control over is how we respond to it. A lot of people surrender that freedom when they declare they cannot respond in any way but one to a situation. Choice of how you respond is the only real freedom we have. Everything else can be taken away by an accident of fate or the stroke of a pen. Or today, a keyboard.

“Between stimulus and response, there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom.”
― Viktor E. Frankl
Please write a new thread on this

Think about times when you've been frightened ,when you weren't in a structure that could be locked, do you think your fear is caused by an external force or internal? I fear fear (hyperventilation)itself ,I now know this ,I can't perceive I've destroyed that fear but I have it wherever iam ,so freedom is something I've never experienced but I hate hyperventilating.
yes, i think its internal oh my god we are prisons :dizzy:

I'm confused about what people consider freedom, but I can tell you what I think about "freedumb". People who think something as simple as wearing a mask or social distancing is wrong and evil are worse than dumb. Dumb is something more harmless, like thinking The Tell-Tale Heart by Poe is a romance novel. Thinking that wearing masks is wrong and evil, calling them "face diapers", insulting or being just plain abusive to people who do wear them is just plain ludicrous.

Seriously, people who think they have the "freedumb" to do whatever they want what usually end up in the hospital or jail, which is ironic since they're two places where you *can't* do whatever you want.

I'm confused about what people consider freedom, but I can tell you what I think about "freedumb". People who think something as simple as wearing a mask or social distancing is wrong and evil are worse than dumb. Dumb is something more harmless, like thinking The Tell-Tale Heart by Poe is a romance novel. Thinking that wearing masks is wrong and evil, calling them "face diapers", insulting or being just plain abusive to people who do wear them is just plain ludicrous.

Seriously, people who think they have the "freedumb" to do whatever they want what usually end up in the hospital or jail, which is ironic since they're two places where you *can't* do whatever you want.
I'm happy that some people don't wear a mask (natural selection)

Covid is not nearly deadly enough for that to be considered a form of natural selection.

New Threads

Top Bottom