• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What do you plan on doing differently next year?

Metalhead

Video game and movie addict.
V.I.P Member
I plan on hitting a lot more addiction recovery meetings, for starters.

2022 is right around the corner, what resolution are you going to make and hopefully stick to?

Being more open about discussing things that are actually bothering me, instead of trying to turn it into a normal or lighthearted conversation while avoiding the real issue.
:)

I hope to be a more supportive partner for my boyfriend, who deeply struggles with addiction, while also taking better care of myself. I’ve signed up for a support group of spouses of addict and I hope the coronavirus allows the thing to start again soon, all meetings have been suspended for now.

I hope to be a more supportive partner for my boyfriend, who deeply struggles with addiction, while also taking better care of myself. I’ve signed up for a support group of spouses of addict and I hope the coronavirus allows the thing to start again soon, all meetings have been suspended for now.

I would suggest checking out Zoom recovery meetings, which many people have turned to in the age of COVID. Hell, that is what I have been doing.

I would suggest checking out Zoom recovery meetings, which many people have turned to in the age of COVID. Hell, that is what I have been doing.
Thanks for the suggestion, I will check it out. I’m accompanying my boyfriend to his addiction counseling session on Monday, hopefully the counselor will be able to get me into group therapy, but in the meantime Zoom sounds like a good solution.

I am planning to be more creative by developing my writing and some ideas I have for crafts, and also to appreciate each day and my experience of the world. There's so much to explore and so much to be grateful for. I am not rich but I have enough.

I’m hoping to continue to survive my year of working.

but I’m really hoping that I can start balancing work and downtime better. I think I was beginning to burn out and it’s taken some time to reset. I’m hopefully going to resume crafting, reading and drawing for me.

I am hoping that we will buy a land based home this year. We have been taking about it.

There is so much I can't do living on a boat! One of the biggest things is have a job. I don't have my own money so I feel I can't explore crafts as people want "results" if they give you money. But art and crafting don't work that way for me. I love it so I do it but I go through a lot of waste arriving to have very little. I am ok with that but if hubby gave me money he would want to see the end product.
Also, there is no room to store materials or work on projects.

Want I really want to do is enamels. I had just gotten started with enamels when we bought the boat and I was really enjoying it. I've sold my kiln and tools, so I will have to start all over. Thats ok. But I need a place first, and a job.

I did this successfully once before a number of years ago but I'm planning on doing it again: Cutting out all candy and as much refined sugar as I can for the entire year of 2022 with birthday celebrations being the exception.

1. Everything in moderation, uncluding moderation.

2. Gradually increasing mileage until I can do 13.1.

3. Get as much fresh air & gentle sunshine on as much skin as possible.

4. Leave the twinkle lights up.

5. Put an end to a certain nasty task I’ve been putting off.

1. Everything in moderation, uncluding moderation.

2. Gradually increasing mileage until I can do 13.1.

3. Get as much fresh air & gentle sunshine on as much skin as possible.

4. Leave the twinkle lights up.

5. Put an end to a certain nasty task I’ve been putting off.

@watersprite I'm assuming you mean 13.1 miles as in a 1/2 marathon? You can do it!

Man, I want to lose 75lbs next year.

I do have a gym membership now and I do know how to eat a healthy diet. I think most of this weight came from beer, and it has been a while since my last drink.

Oh, is this confessions of the overly padded? Guilty!
When we are in Mexico we don't eat a lot of sweets becuse we prefer European style pasties and cakes and that is rare here.
But we spent nearly 6 months in the U.S. taking care of family business. Most of that time was spent in limbo with a pastry to keep me company. I have gained at least 20lbs.

@Yeshuasdaughter, when I was pregnant with my son I have horrible edema. I was like a giant Pillsbury Dough woman. Imagine 5 feet tall and 197 lbs. All of it filled with water. My ankles would flop over the tops of my shoes and you could stick you finger into my flesh up to your first knuckle!

Using Grindr and getting laid. That was my previous resolution, but it didn't work out.

This year will be my year!

How about I also make a resolution to stop spending so much time reading news media. Outrage is a drug, after all.

Man, I want to lose 75lbs next year.

I do have a gym membership now and I do know how to eat a healthy diet. I think most of this weight came from beer, and it has been a while since my last drink.
Next 31st of December you’ll be there.
:)
You could start with the Galloway run-walk way of running.

Here’s a short bit about the benefits of humans’ running as compared to other aerobic work. We’ve been running/jogging/hunting & gathering for a long time, & it may be helpful to our brains to keep going with it.

10 minutes

Last edited:
Wanting to exercise, practice mindfulness, read, game, story write, and draw more. I also plan on going back to college and putting myself out socially more mindfully.

New Threads

Top Bottom