• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What do you do when your down and upset?

Cazzie

hi all,
what do you do when you feel stessed and upset over things.
how do you cope?
take care
caroline

My favorite music easily dispells stress or anger for me, it is intensely stimulating and can bring me back to a relaxed state after the rush of energy it brings.

I'm kind of slackerly, I tend to watch a movie or play a computer game. This distracts myself from the pain, and hopefully it mostly goes away.

Sometimes, I eat a snack. But I do this because when I get hungry, I start becoming quite irrational. I don't think most people are like that.

I do eat snack bars or chocolates or sundae or even fries when I get really upset sometimes, hahaha

What I used to do when I was younger and feeling bad about myself was write bad things about myself in my notebooks and punish myself by not eating, thinking I didn't deserve food. Then I got told that I'd lost weight and I got a buzz out of it, so that set me into a vicious circle of eating less and losing weight and having an unhealthy attitude towards food. I used to smoke quite heavily for someone of my age too.

Now I eat more normally, even though I still worry about becoming fat, and I make an effort to exercise because I learned that I don't have to starve myself to stay slim and because exercise makes me feel good too. If I feel down or upset about something I go for a walk, so I can get some fresh air and clear my head. Sometimes I take the dog with me. She never fails to cheer me up. Also, I haven't had a cigarette since last October, and that's something else to feel good about.

i talk with my best best mom ever, i some times i take a walk, some times i take a nice bath, some times i do somthing fun with the best best mom ever some times i ride the marta and the busses around atlanta some times i get an ice coffee from starbucks

New Threads

Top Bottom