• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What do you do when you just can't take it anymore?

It may be best not to use the word autism, to colleagues, only because people really don't understand it's meanings. If it was better understood you'd have been recognised by now, and loving people would have said, hey, I wonder if you have some autism going on there?

I think it's better to let kind people know about the effects you experience and how they can help you manage best. Everyone's different, think about what you would advise a colleague with a similar dilemma?

My experience of (trying) to 'come out ' about this and other things, is that people immediately ask me questions as if I can inform them about this new part of who I am I only just recognised. Sometimes quite seemingly ignorant or difficult questions, perhaps, which they don't know enough not to burden me with.

Then, when I m more knowledgeable about myself and the issues around this aspect of my identity, I choose very carefully if or who I tell, because there's rarely enough time to wise them up about all the stuff I now know, that helps me understand and accept myself.

I am fully out to the cat though... she's also Neurodiverse in human terms, but not for a cat probably.

:cat::sunflower::cat::blossom::cat::leafwind:

If I'm out in a place or situation I can't easily just leave, I go into the bathroom and have a "quiet"
letting out of emotions and letting out expressions to myself, but, without sound so no one hears.
If I'm at home the best thing is put on calming music and go to bed. Breath, do some guided imagery
and if I fall asleep I always feel better for it.

Usually the more agitated I am the less I want to sleep. When I was a teenager I remember I forced myself to stay awake, have no idea why ...But now I take antidepressant which is also to help me sleep and it helps.
I ust to go jogging but since I am here I don't have the opportunity, maybe I should start.
One thing I started doing about a year ago was to learn to play a musical instrument. It is a traditional kind of drum from India called Koll or mridanda. I like it very much and I learned it very easily. I feel it is good for me because it is very fisical, which allows me to release some anger and frustration, and keeps my mind from thinking, when I play I can not think about anything else at the same time.
The repetitive beats and rhythms calm me down I think. I even started playing with a group of girls which was nice in the beginning but I recently told them I can not do it anymore because the social aspect of it and the pressure of performing in a very loud and stimulating environment was not working for me. But I want to keep on playing just for myself as a therapy.

Usually the more agitated I am the less I want to sleep. When I was a teenager I remember I forced myself to stay awake, have no idea why ...But now I take antidepressant which is also to help me sleep and it helps.

" Me too have had sleeping disorders al my life actuality yes Depression also mess with both youre temper and sleeping ,Oh and i also have severe depression, Anxiety ,Bipolar disorder (al side diagnosis to my MBD = Minimal brain damage from birth First NSD diagnose ) but im not on any meds tho (NOT saying they are bad so DO keep going this is only how i feel ) "

I just to go jogging but since I am here I don't have the opportunity, maybe I should start.

" If you think you would enjoy it then why not dear (just dress right and as its winter some spikes on youre shoes so you dont fall and hurt youre self "

One thing I started doing about a year ago was to learn to play a musical instrument. It is a traditional kind of drum from India called Koll or mridanda. I like it very much and I learned it very easily.

" For me Music have helped me alot in my previous years so yeah go for it "

I feel it is good for me because it is very fisical, which allows me to release some anger and frustration, and keeps my mind from thinking, when I play I can not think about anything else at the same time.
The repetitive beats and rhythms calm me down I think.

" I understand and agree in the world of music i can just leave this earth and go to my own zone "

I even started playing with a group of girls which was nice in the beginning but I recently told them I can not do it anymore because the social aspect of it and the pressure of performing in a very loud and stimulating environment was not working for me.

" Oh thats to bad you had to leave but i understand"

But I want to keep on playing just for myself as a therapy.

" id say yes do it dear "

Go to room, close curtains and doors, meltdown, making sure to keep all people and pets away until I calm down, have tea or water available, then use headphones to listen to something other than my own head: loud at first then quieter. Usually much ater: walk.

Is a meltdown a sign of losing control?
Maybe I don't understand the meaning of the word properly.

If I think about it properly I realise that I don't allow myself to lose control. Even if inside I am torn to pieces, on the outside I always manage to keep it together, more or less...maybe I should allow myself, when I am alone, to really release the anger and negative emotions. Even the tears I manage to keep them inside. I am afraid to lose control and never get it back. I am afraid one day I will really lose it and people will put me in a psychiatric hospital.

Is a meltdown a sign of losing control?
Maybe I don't understand the meaning of the word properly.

Meltdown is sign that you finally reaced youre limit in how mush you can stand ( A nervous or mental breakdown is a term used to describe a period of intensemental distress. During this period, you're unable to function in your everyday life. This term was once used to refer to a wide variety of mental illnesses, including depression, anxiety, and acute stress disorder.)

& i have my meltdowns as well from time time as well i can ad

If I think about it properly I realise that I don't allow myself to lose control. Even if inside I am torn to pieces, on the outside I always manage to keep it together, more or less...maybe I should allow myself, when I am alone, to really release the anger and negative emotions. Even the tears I manage to keep them inside.

I am afraid to lose control and never get it back. I am afraid one day I will really lose it and people will put me in a psychiatric hospital.

As i said keeping things bottled up will eventually lead to it someday somehow comes out Dias so if you have a way to get it out in a non disturbing for others then id say yes

This is something you need to tell the docs dear .You dont get admitted to the psychiatric hospital just for being afraid to lose it Dias dear

New Threads

Top Bottom