• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

WHAT DO YOU DO WHEN STRESSED?

It highly depends on the situation. Ideally I'd lay down under covers in a darkened room with the right music on for a couple of hours. For a while that was my main way to (preemptively) deal with stress, and it worked a charm. The problem with that is that it's not always possible to do so.
Other times I might hit or throw something, and then the resulting pain, or mess to clean up would get me back going. The problem with that is, well, obviously the pain or mess but in a way I don't care much for those. It's mainly that when people notice, it scares them sometimes, when they don't know the mechanics behind it, so I tend to not do it with people present. Unless they kinda know and can see the comedic factor in it, because if viewed the right way, it can have a slapstick kind of quality. (Think Basil Fawlty cursing his Mini Cooper)

And then there are those occasions where I somehow just do whatever it is that needs to be done in a very cool headed kind of way. Those are more when there are other people involved somehow. As soon as there's some kind of 'caring' factor involved, stress just flows right of me, probably the result of the parentification thing I went through. Suicidal OD's, carcrashes, friends losing it, bar fights, people falling of mountains... no biggie, but when my printer doesn't work when I really need it to I'm liable to throw it on the ground.

I suppose the best way to deal with stress is face it head on or temporarily distract your mind from it until you're ready to deal with whatever's causing it. Say **** it and listen to some music, read a book, watch your favorite show, take a walk, go for a run,... until you've gained some perspective and are ready to deal with it.

I play music (as in me doing the playing.) or go horseback riding mostly. Now and then I cook or bake to help me relax.

Hmmmm ... so how do you price art? Maybe I should talk to the art teacher at my school to see what she says. I like the idea of trading off with someone so that you're not stuck at the table all day with no bathroom breaks.

The more I look at the candles DC1346 the more I don't think they will sell at crafts fairs. They're too up-market and they take a lot of time to make. They might work at something like a hotel that has a dessert table or as a decorative item in a restaurant. Weddings, catered parties and the like.

The more I look at the candles DC1346 the more I don't think they will sell at crafts fairs. They're too up-market and they take a lot of time to make. They might work at something like a hotel that has a dessert table or as a decorative item in a restaurant. Weddings, catered parties and the like.

They do take a long time to make and each is original and unique.

Right now I just give them away as gifts.

New Threads

Top Bottom