• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What Did You Do for Halloween?

What did you do for Halloween?

• Trick or Treating

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Went to a party

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Ate lots of candy

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • Watched scary movies

• Worked

• Nothing

Votes: 22 46.8%
  • Other

Votes: 17 36.2%

• Total voters
Halloween isn't really a thing here. I spent the day working and the evening having drinks and dinner with my mom.

i went to the gym after having a good meal of chicken-bacon and more
im not american and refuse to join in the aping of their holidays (some weird people over here insist on dragging thanksgiving over here as well :rolleyes: )

i went to the gym after having a good meal of chicken-bacon and more
im not american and refuse to join in the aping of their holidays (some weird people over here insist on dragging thanksgiving over here as well :rolleyes: )

Well, when it comes right down to it, Thanksgiving is mostly just used as an excuse to inhale 5 turkeys without getting yelled at for it. "Sure, I'm gonna look like someone mashed 20 elephants together into a blubbery heap, but it's THANKSGIVING so it's totally okay to eat this entire horse".

Seriously, I'd not be in the slightest bit surprised if I were to hear that alot of Americans dont even remember what started the holiday to begin with. I'd just nod and go "but of course".

But yeah, if anyone is using it outside of the US.... that's probably why. Gives them the excuse. Even if it's a bad excuse.

I dress up everyday of the year as if it were Halloween. You see, on top of having Asperger's, I also have transgender. So I am female but I look like a male. People see me as a male and it is often funny when they tell you dirty jokes about females when they are thinking you are just another guy.

When l was married,my ex and l would do this huge mall for fun. He went as Dog the Bounty Hunter and l went as Elvira. l used a fake plastic behind as my ample chest in a deep v-neck dress, don't ask, it worked and the mall police let me slide. And these mall police have pulled out guys wearing kilts. It's a huge mid-west state and Jesse Ventura was governor. The next year,he went as Michael Jackson and l went as Marilyn Monroe. And we pulled that off too!! But this year l was a nobody and completely forgot until l saw the kids out and about and thought how nice.

Nothing but clean up, eat pizza, and watch cartoons. That pizza was gooood. Nobody wants to go out on the cold. Plus, my cousin came over and scared my little brother with a mask that has fake blood (made with red dye) that drips down the mask. Made a bit of a mess, and my aunt immediately rushed to clean it up. I joked "IG it's like black people are more scared of messes than actual killers! XD", and my family agreed! Yes, we're black, and no, it's not racist. We just like to joke.

I went to two parties, gave out candy, and ate lots of candy. At the two parties I was dressed up as the Pink Power Ranger, while on Halloween night itself I was dressed up as a preppy male pink fairy to impress my cute cousin.

full

The same thing that I do every night...​

I carved a jack o’ lantern and named him Count Hugo von Tewksbury.
And I listened to true ghost stories on the radio and watched It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown.
I adore Halloween.

Stayed home and didnt answer the door. So, same as pretty much most evenings :-D

I was trying on different costumes and listening to music like I normally do. I was surprised to see a real fireworks display from the other side of town. I can get a good view the fireworks from my living room window and it's not as loud because it's far away, but i didn't think there would be any outdoor stuff going on this year.

Of course, it's all going downhill now. The cases of Covid 19 here in Nova Scotia are going back up again. We had very few cases all summer and most of the fall. I knew it was too good to last.:disappointed:

We had a huge storm - no trick or treaters would have been able to come - and we lost our power. It was eventful. I ate a little too much candy (sadly it wasn't even a type that I particularly like).

Halloween was a little crazy for me. I woke up to find that the water had stopped working and walked around my property to figure out what was going on. It turns out the neighbor left his water on when he was filling up his cow's drinking bucket and the water was pumping out so quickly that it did not allow water to get to my house and I ran out of water overnight. I turned his water off since he had already moved his cows to another pasture and they would not be back until next summer. Then the power went out and did not come back on for several hours so I spent some time reading books until it was time to go to work. At work, we were allowed to dress up for Halloween and I came in with a colorful shirt with mushrooms all over it. I did not do much else after work.

New Threads

Top Bottom