• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What Did You Do for Halloween?

What did you do for Halloween?

• Trick or Treating

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Went to a party

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Ate lots of candy

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • Watched scary movies

• Worked

• Nothing

Votes: 22 46.8%
  • Other

Votes: 17 36.2%

• Total voters

Fino

Alex
V.I.P Member
It felt like a weird thing to realize, but it suddenly struck me that some people do something for Halloween and I started wondering if it was odd that I'm doing nothing by wondering what others were doing.

I voted "other," because for Halloween, I allowed myself to break routine and sleep later than usual. :eek::rolleyes::cool: :D;)

I too voted other.
I made up little treat bags for my neighbours children and delivered them earlier in the day,

then locked my front gates :)

I aim to get into the spirit of the evening next year,
Not so much spell casting, summoning demons and raising the dead - although that would be handy :)

But dressing up and scaring the crap out of small children then giving them lots of sweets :)

I voted 'nothing' as it was just regular Thursday - work, home, bed.

There were a few 'trick or treat' children around, but thankfully they didn't knock my door. Not that I'd have answered it :D

No, because Halloween is not a major part of the culture I live in.

In the UK, it's become a 'thing' - shops full of tacky produce, loads of pumpkins defaced and discarded afterwards, no doubt, when they could be put to good use and kids dressing up in tacky supermarket bought costumes which are nothing like what's depicted on US TV shows where the costumes are theatre worthy!

I just ignore it all. The same as I ignore all of the hype over Christmas.

The next one on the calendar, 5 November, I particularly loathe as my cats are frightened of fireworks :mad:

I dream of living somewhere that doesn't buy into any of these events. Bah humbug :)

I voted other.
Usually I like Halloween as a fun night to take a dressed up fake haunted house tour.
I was sick this year and didn't feel like doing that, so I just went out to eat and there were only
3 other people in the whole restaurant. It's usually pretty full at night and I wondered if no one ate
out on Halloween?

'Nothing' because it was just a normal day for me; work, home, read for a bit, bed. I'm sooo glad that halloween isn't a huge deal here like in America! Seems to be slowly heading that way though, they have realised they're missing out on a opportunity to sell loads of rubbishy decorations and sweets. Definitely more halloween tat in the shops this year than last.

In the UK, it's become a 'thing' - shops full of tacky produce, loads of pumpkins defaced and discarded afterwards, no doubt, when they could be put to good use and kids dressing up in tacky supermarket bought costumes which are nothing like what's depicted on US TV shows where the costumes are theatre worthy!

The next one on the calendar, 5 November, I particularly loathe as my cats are frightened of fireworks :mad:

I dream of living somewhere that doesn't buy into any of these events. Bah humbug :)

Yeah, the costumes often aint much in the US either.

Where I'm at (Illinois, near Chicago) the kids' "costumes" were winter coats. Or maybe there was more to it, but they sure all looked like coats when I was driving by them. It is very cold here now.

Waste of time, really. Dont get me wrong, I did the whole thing as a kid too, and I get the appeal, but still. Good ol' winter screws everything up again.

There must have been an incredible amount of disappointment. I mean, there are entire stores that pop up JUST to cater towards this day. "Spirit Halloween", I think that store is called. There is more than one of them. It's literally an entire store, not like some little tiny thing.

Seems kinda silly, yeah? And then winter just ruins it all. Whatever pricey costumes they had, they didnt really get to use. Not here anyway. Down south it probably wasnt a problem.

As for what I did, I sat here and played horror games. That's something, at least.

I took my daughter trick-or-treating.

We are wierd and don’t eat much or any candy. So my daughter will “trade in” her candy to my wife. She will take it to work and get a squishy Paw Patrol figure for the trade.

I partly think about the fact that evil is being exalted ,I think about Martha Moxley who was brained to death !!!,On what was pervertedly !!!called Mischief night In 1975, glad it will be All hallows day November 1.

what is Nov 5th?

Watched a movie about witches with Sandra Bullock and wondered why it was playing, then realized it was all hallows eve. Heard some screaming for awhile in the distance, so there may have been a few parties somewhere. Otherwise not much of anything. It's not all that celebrated where I live now.

My social worker was over yesterday afternoon, and she brought me some candy. I baked a pizza for supper, put on my Sim costume and listened to spooky music on YouTube, and ate most of the candy. It's too bad I couldn't show my costume off to anyone, and taking a selfie is no good because I can't get my whole self in the picture so you can see my shirt and the plum-bob on my head. I wonder if a selfie stick would work?

New Threads

Top Bottom