• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What are your plans for Christmas?

lovely_darlingprettybaby

V.I.P Member
What are you doing?
I will be going to my dad's to stay the night hopefully if it all works out. I had a rubbish year and last year was so much better but this year I have not coped at all.

Anyway I just wanted to let you know if you feel depressed and alone and horrible during the holidays it is a normal feeling so take care of yourself. You could snuggle up with a blanket and watch some movies or go out for a walk to see some Christmas lights or look at the shops.
I am glad there are good hearts who give to others in need at Christmas so they do not have to go without.
I have spent Christmas by myself without family and it is not easy and it does get a bit lonely for me around the holidays.

I'll go to visit my mother for Christmas, my fathers sister will be there too, so just the three of us, maybe my daughter will drop by. Christmas is one of the few times of the year where I'm really looking forward to the food, even it is not something I would like to eat usually - I guess it is because of the tradition around Christmas :)

I may go for a hike and find some restaurant open. I don't do much for Christmas. My family is on the other side of the continent.

Spend the day with my sister and her family at my deceased-parents house.
I'll be leaving the pooches at home this year, as my black Lab had surgery for a plate and screws in a hind leg. He has to take it easy for a couple months while his leg 'solidifies'.

Try to find a nice restaurant that is open.
Most aren't.
Nothing much else without family.

I'll sleep through it.

Which sounds like a joke, but no, I'll genuinely be asleep. My rotating sleep schedule is going to have me fully on my night side on the 25th.

Not exactly much loss though. I mostly just find Christmas to be depressing and annoying. Depressing because it brings up memories about what it used to be like, when I was a kid. Annoying because of what it is to me NOW.

As a kid, it was fun and lights and gifts and a lot of traditions that were more special than I ever realized at the time. As an adult, every single one of those is gone, and if awake during it, it's primarily about trying to avoid everyone else since all they ever do is gossip and discuss politics, and I'd like to keep some braincells alive, thanks.

Bloody waste of time, all of it.

New Threads

Top Bottom