• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What are your holiday "fixes" ?

I have experience this... In the very house I'm going too... Thats where I got the idea. My cousin bought me one of these chocalte bars... Except is was called red velvet... Very odd, but very cool experience, not really sure I ever want to do it agian, but it was harmless.
Did somebody secretly give it to you no they didn't there's obviously no point in talking to you

I'm getting ready to make the desserts for tomorrow. Sure wish I lived somewhere that I could make that sorta cake. Everyone I know wishes it were legal here. Never mind the family, enjoy that cake yourself.

Have some yourself! Or have a nice calming glass of that emergency Captain Morgan's you keep around (sorry, my holiday fix is drinking)

Usually would fix things in the house that were broken, door knobs, oiling creaking doors, fixing windows, looking for cold air leaks, plumbing drips, at christmas, so I could stay in the basement with my Dad. And yes @Chance as an aspie I immediately thought of actual repairs and fixes:D

Or go to the store to get last minute stuff, sometimes we would buy the wrong thing, so we could return it, and spend time going back and forth. Along with everything else, like cooking, doing dishes, cleaning up. Shoveling snow is a perfect reason to be outside, if there is some. And then you are so tired, you get to sleep without anyone questioning the early or late bedtime, all the while yawning. Always wanted to get along with my own family, after my Dad passed away. But they were always drunk or arguing or bossing everyone around.

Last edited:
Today after I do a few things at work, I'm going to load up my truck, go get it serviced and washed, then I'm headed to Grand Junction, Colorado.

So here I am, I cant sleep (actually fell asleep at like 7pm and woke up at 2am bright eyed and bushy headed... (I need a haircut today!) And I have this massive road trip a head of me today... I need to go back to sleep, but noooo... my body wants to stay awake...

I was reading Gritche's post about entertaining ASD's at a function...and I didn't want to derail his post, so I thought I would do this instead...

I'm in bad need of "entertaining" a 2 story house full of NT's.... wheels are turning...

I have been wanting the long road trip but not the holiday... They usually suck and someones feelings get hurt, or there is the occasional fight... My family seems to still think a fist fixes anything... ug.

So in Gritches post it hit me... I'm going to go hiking some, (if weather is good). I'm going to go GEO CACHING (which is what his post made me remember)!

BUT... as for my family... (noting that I am going to be in Colorado)... Noting that I said I would bring, or make something... I thought of CAKE... But not just any cake, no this is a very special cake.

Think on it just a little bit...

I think I'm gonna go buy some (legal) "special" chocolate bars to melt them and use as cake icing.
What better way to mellow a bunch of loud mouth rednecks out... then with some deliciouso THC laced dreamy chocolate/chocolate cake???

Chance is thinking about being really bad this weekend... It harmless and I am truly trying to get the guts to do this...

I mean I have to live with ASD everyday, it wont hurt them to be zoned out avatars for a day or so would it? I see it as just spreading the love one piece of pot loaded cake at a time... I might even make 2 cakes!

I just woke up being in a really mischievous mood... it beats the hell out of being depressed!

Any of you got any good holiday fixes in mind... Spiked punch? whoopsie cushions, magic tricks... Mine is to disappear... : )

Oh, do it. Please do and give me the recipe. Mischievous mood is a good mood. Why not glueing them to chairs as well or putting itching powder in their underwear? Clothes are always itchy for me and for many ASD people from what I observed, they can be a bit itchy for a few short hours... While we're at it, go and climb some trees during your hiking or something. I'm serious, it can feel good to do silly, seemingly childish things when the depression cloud is above Alasca instead of your head.

I normally go camping. In my room behind closed doors that is.

If they eat the cake the effect will be a slow creep and it can also last a lot longer.
Which may be more of what you're aiming for.

I only threw the assassin thing in as a random fact i heard from somewhere.

Random facts, yes, please, indeed it's my tribe here lol.

My holiday fix this month is to focus primarily on myself, slow down my racing mind and minimise needless stress others project onto me. It’s raining most of the week so I bought my food online too. That’s my fix or recovery time from a stressful world that I struggle to be in among NTs. Appropriate self-help books at this time with peace and quiet is a must right now.

Last edited:
I just go off into the Utility room and play the latest Xbox games I got for Christmas or whatever.

This year though I've asked for an Amazon Echo, and my Parents already have one but I don't come up as much now as I used to so I don't get much chance to use it, hence asking for my own.

My Christmas fix will be actually doing what we want to do this year. We'll still have to go and see my parents and sister on the morning of Christmas Day, but after that we're coming home and watching crap TV, eating crap food and probably playing video games. Boxing Day we'll have to go to my in-laws.

There are certain substances that are specifically good for autism:
http://www.maps.org/research-archive/mdma/danforth-et-al-2015-mdma-autism.pdf

Really long article that bascially says that they have found a maybe safe way to jack uu up on Ecstacy... wow!

I was not expecting that one... I'm so tired from driving at this point I may just pass out typing this post... Grand Junction, Colorado to Houston, Texas is a long a** drive... Plus had to go a little out of the way and check things at home and pickup my truck and the equipment tralier...

I would like to be a test subject about now... : )

I have to load up tomorrow, and head back home but thats only about 5 hours, so not so bad.

Scientifically speaking of course...

New Threads

Top Bottom