• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What are your favorite science fiction movies?

I'm always looking for new science fiction movies to watch, but they are hard to find. Any suggestions?

Today I saw Chappie and thought it was great. I've read that it got bad reviews, but I don't know why.

It reminds me of District 9 which was also good. Moon was entertaining. I liked Autómata.

I'm trying to think of others that I've seen, but I have trouble remembering movies.

Last edited:
The last couple I watched and liked was 'Serenity' and 'Robot & Frank'. R&F isn't as sci-fi as it's futuristic. It's about a former cat burglar with Alzheimer's, who is forced by his son to get a "nanny robot".

For a moment I thought you were describing a movie about a burglar who steals cats. I'll check it out... :)

I liked all of those. I'm looking forward to the Avatar sequel, but it won't be out until 2017.

I'll go with Blade runner... it's my favorite by quite a stretch. I like the envisionment of a more noir future (even if it's not that far in the future anymore). Plus; it has Syd Mead designs, deals with the notion of humanity and immortality and has a great soundtrack. Oh, and the cinematography... those scenes in the Bradburry are awesome. Oh, and Pris

I'm slightly in favor for The fifth element and AI because of the designs and the world itself, but in both movies, I can't really enjoy the ending.

I liked Elysium and District 9 over the sociopolitical nature it poses. Healthcare/the poverty gap and a analogy to Apartheid, immigration and human rights respectively.

Surrogates I quite enjoyed as well as Minority report; both since they pose a positive idea for the future gone bad eventually. They show how these ideas can, and probably will be exploited.

For a more genetics oriented angle I'll put Splice and Gattaca out there.

And I'll give an honorable mention to The Terminator series... (which as everyone knows, stops after Judgement day) because that is one messed up Grandfather paradox, lol.

I haven't seen Chappie, should still see it though. Considering how much I enjoyed the other movies from that director I can't really imagine Chappie being that bad. But then again, the same was said about Elysium and that movie was quite fun IMO.

District 9 all the way. It has everything going for it: the visuals, the thrills, the social commentary.

Yeah...within the sci fi genre I must admit I seem to gravitate towards those rich dystopian future stories.

I eat 'em like candy. :cool:

Personally, I thought that "Avatar" was quite good.

I'd call that an insult to James Cameron. Avatar was breathtaking especially if you were lucky enough to see it in 3D at large size. Awesome in fact :D

It was a breath of fresh air compared to the sad trite rubbish that is trotted out at regular intervals and force fed to us by incompetent TV companies.

I am soo looking forwards to the 2nd Avatar movie.

Avatar always reminded me of a childhood favorite game, a German RPG called Albion

Albion_front.jpg

Man I loved that game.

I like older Science Fiction. 90's and older. My favorites are Blade Runner, the earlier Terminator films, and as you can probably tell from my profile pic, the first 2 Aliens films.

I'd call that an insult to James Cameron. Avatar was breathtaking especially if you were lucky enough to see it in 3D at large size. Awesome in fact :D

It was a breath of fresh air compared to the sad trite rubbish that is trotted out at regular intervals and force fed to us by incompetent TV companies.

I am soo looking forwards to the 2nd Avatar movie.

So, it's an insult to call Avatar "good" rather than "fantastic" hey, that sounds about right. Will there be a 2nd Avatar movie?

There was one I watched years ago that not many people saw. It was called Existenze. Minimalist sci-fi if you know wha tI mean.

New Threads

Top Bottom