• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What are you reading?

The wheel spins by Ethel Lina White ( The movie the Lady vanishes is based on the book )

Dune by Frank Herbert, which I'm reading for a sci-fi book club. I'm also a member of a feminist book club. It would be so convenient if I could persuade them both to do The Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula Le Guin!

This book:

4424._UY500_SS500_.jpg

I'm reading The TCP/IP Guide on the bus to and from work.
I'm 124 of 1539 pages into the book and I feel like i have read 1240 pages.
At least i have a better understanding of how Standards organizations and the Open Systems Interconnection model works. And most likely more fun stuff in the future.

I started reading a book called Buffalo Girls. It is a novel about Calamity Jane and her wild adventures. I like what I've read so far. It hurts my eyes to read for more than a half hour so I'm having to read a few pages and then take a break and then read some more.

"Gerald's Game" by Stephen King. Before that it was "Nobody True" by James Herbert (which I read in the space of ten hours - couldn't put it down) Before that it was "Bag of Bones", again Stephen King. Before that it was "The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde" by Robert Louis Stevenson... and I can't remember what was before that one.

Dune by Frank Herbert, which I'm reading for a sci-fi book club. I'm also a member of a feminist book club. It would be so convenient if I could persuade them both to do The Left Hand of Darkness by Ursula Le Guin!

Both fantastic books!

Currently reading How to Raise your Self Esteem by Nathaniel Branden. Not sure it's working. Also picked up a (cheap) used Introductin to Psycholoigy text book I've been reading off & on. Finally have a couple Star Wars books in the to-read pile. Actually have a large to-read pile I really need to get cracking on...

Sapiens by Yuval Harari < 100% recommended for anyone interested in the evolution and history of humans (not just Homo sapiens).

Both fantastic books!
Unfortunately the organiser of the sci-fi book club cancelled the Dune meetup due to last-minute work commitments and subsequently stood down without appointing a successor, causing the group to be automatically closed by Meetup. Maybe I should have offered to take over, but I don't feel able to commit to reading at least one sci-fi book a month.

Last edited:
1. “Kitchen Confidential” by the late Anthony Bourdain.
2. Books about the life of naturalist, and birder John James Audubon.

Unfortunately the organiser of the sci-fi book club cancelled the Dune meetup due to last-minute work commitments and subsequently stood down without appointing a successor, causing the group to be automatically closed by Meetup. Maybe I should have offered to take over, but I don't feel able to commit to reading at least one sci-fi book a month.

That's too bad. Dune is one of my favorite SF books of all time, one that I re-read periodically every few years. There's definitely a lot of "meat" to it to dive into.

New Threads

Top Bottom