• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What are you reading?

Recently read Brain Matters by a female American Nuero Surgeon about her training and life, easy to read, funny and educational.

Also Admissions by a British male Neuro Surgeon, same as first book, I think he's got traits of Aspergers himself if not fully.

IMG_8405.JPG
A novel that was one of the most voted ones in Goodreads 2016 and also has 4.44/5 stars: It Ends With Us, by Colleen Hoover.
So far, so good. Apparently (I'm half way) what 'ends' is the story of physical and emotional abuse of the protagonists.

Attachments

• IMG_8405.JPG
    IMG_8405.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 0
StarWars: Thrawn.

I love star wars books. Especially from the empire and/or sith side. The Bane trilogy was the best books I've read.

Just finished this:

13531072.jpg

Some interesting little gems:

- Coal power emits up to 100 times as much radiation (through "fly ash") as nuclear power per unit of energy produced
- Tobacco causes cancer partially because the smoke is highly radioactive (polonium-210)

IMG_3278.JPG

I'm reading The Missing Link which presents Richard Cassaro´s paradigm-shifting archaeological discovery, and builds on the theory he advanced in his 2011 book, Written in Stone. Cassaro argues persuasively that the Old World symbol known as Master of Animals, is the very same symbol that scholars of New World cultures call the Staff God. He explains that this symbol is the central icon of an ancient wisdom tradition shared by the pyramid cultures across the world.

Do No Harm , Henry Marsh, a retired British Consultant Neuro Surgeon, nearly finished
Admissions, also by Henry Marsh, finished that, I would say he has traits of Aspergers, highly amusing.
Brain Matters, by a Female American young Consultant Neuro Surgeon, finished that

A different approach to the brain, easy for me to read and funny sad etc

I am bored of all the self help crap I've tried in the past which have Neuro Typical written all over them. There's been some good ones tho I should say.

:D
IMG_8648.JPG
This paragraph (I'd attended...) reminds me of the 'Introduce yourself' posts from AspiesCentral :)
IMG_8646.JPG

Last edited:
00E721FE-02F4-4ED2-B333-FACE7C15CC50.jpeg
Percy Jackson and the Olympians, by Rick Riordan.

The protagonist, Percy Jackson, was diagnosed with dyslexia and ADHD. One of the campers in Half-Blood Camp explains the reality:
« The letters float off the page when you read, right? That’s because your mind is hardwired for ancient Greek. And the ADHD -you’re impulsive, can’t sit still in the clasdroom. That’s your battlefield reflexes. In a real fight, they’d keep you alive. And for the attention problems, that’s because you see too much Percy, not too little. Your senses are better than a regular mortal’s. Of course the teachers want you medicated ».
Percy is a half-blood (half god, half human).
This is just beautiful.

New Threads

Top Bottom