• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

what are you afraid of the most?

alien girl

i'm scared to death of winged cockroaches. they get in houses during summer nights. i'm terrified of the rustling sound and the sight of those ugly creatures running. when i see one in my house, my heart race like crazy, and my hands shake, and i'm covered with sweat.

I have a story on winged cockroaches....this is how I found out they had wings.

Was putting in contacts on morning, tired, 7:00am math class, put one in and something crawls out of the sink drain and jumps on me. I figured out pretty quick it was a roachy, grabbed my glasses half blind and ran out of the house. I can't stand roaches, I see one and just immediately scream and run away. Just nope, nope nope nope. I'm so glad fiance sprays this poison around our house to make sure they don't get in, even watching them die is fear inducing.

I have a story on winged cockroaches....this is how I found out they had wings.

Was putting in contacts on morning, tired, 7:00am math class, put one in and something crawls out of the sink drain and jumps on me. I figured out pretty quick it was a roachy, grabbed my glasses half blind and ran out of the house. I can't stand roaches, I see one and just immediately scream and run away. Just nope, nope nope nope. I'm so glad fiance sprays this poison around our house to make sure they don't get in, even watching them die is fear inducing.

I understand how you feel. just to grab your glass is a courageous act in my eyes. I'd leave my glass and bolt.

Wasps.

I got stung by one and then had a meltdown when I was younger. If I see a wasp, my fear instantly shoots up and I run off screaming, and might cry. I have to be calmed down afterwards. Ever since my cousin got stung by a hornet in the middle of the night, I bolt my windows shut during the summer even if it's hot. Even if I see a picture of a wasp, it brings back the fear and I might panic.

Acceptance!
I'm afraid I won't be accepted by my peers, or society.. oh wait I'm an Aspie, oh yeah.. :eek:
Also sticky things!
Fresh selotape or whatever off the roll, no problem, but peeling tape or labels off stuff.. yyyeuuuch!!! I have trouble, when I'm out, with old gum on the ground; can't step on it!
Why do they have to put sticky labels on fruit? I used to like apples, haven't been able to eat one for years.
I know, I'm weird ;)

I like insects. :)

I'm afraid of outer space. I watched Gravity in a theater with a family member, and I was (figuratively) shaking in my boots. From the very first moment, before anything bad happened. Glad I won't ever end up there.

I'm afraid of outer space. I watched Gravity

I utterly loved it! Wanted to go to space since I was a kid; something of an obsession of mine :D
If only I can come up with a good experiment involving depression or ASD, say, to measure the effects of weightlessness on serotonin production with varying exposure to tetrahydrocannabinol ;)

I have a story about winged cockroaches . . .

I used to work at a place that was so infested with cockroaches they could have filmed the entire Indiana Jones series there. To say it was gross is an understatement. We office girls used to make homemade roach swatters by fastening a couple of 3 x 5 index cards onto a wooden ruler. One day a roach was crawling on the wall and a debate started as to whether roaches could fly. One of the girls was waving the roach swatter around and said in her best Bob Barker imitation: "Come on down. The Price Is Right!" The roach spread its wings and flew straight to her chest! That ended the debate for sure.

I have a hornet/wasp phobia which is about the only phobia I really have. However, what am I most scared of?

Not having a place to live.
Not having a job.
Not having enough money for basic needs. Not having any food.
Not being able to get any help.
Being in ill-health and not being able to afford treatment.

Those are the things that keep me up at night.

Dying slowly by losing my mind.
Being homeless again.
Strokes.
My ex who left and promised to come back... actually coming back.

Maybe the most terrifying thing for me would be being tortured, in second place being the only one right in the world, and in the third place, behave as the bulk does.

It's so embarrassing, but it's driving. I'm 32 and everyone just thinks I don't have a car because I can't afford it...which is completely not true. Driver's ed in high school was a complete nightmare (failed it twice).

Yes. Bees and wasps! The f**kers. Also, I'm scared of snakes, being on my own forever and losing people closest to me.

I just have a few sensible fears I guess. I don't mind snakes, spiders and all these animals, though I will be a bit more cautious around them. Similarly, I don't goof around too much on bridges that don't look overly stable, lol... but I guess that's nothing irrational.

Suppose I'm a bit of a daredevil at times... I find it quite interesting though that a handful of things people that were close to me were afraid of (well, they probably still are, just not close anymore, lol) are the things that I find interesting to say the least.

New Threads

Top Bottom