• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

What Animation Studio would YOU work for?

NoKipAr on the run

since about 20 years ago when I started my journey to become an animator as a life long dream...I've had 3 options for myself: Pixar, Nick or Warner Bros.

I have recently dropped Pixar since their standards are so damn high, and they're not up to snuff recently. Lightyear was SO DAMN INCONSISTENT.
As for Warners? I still wanna work there, provided Mr. Discovery doesn't shut me up.

and Nick? we'll see about that damn Sponge they won't let go of.

that's why I keep having this scenario where I'm accepted into "Hannah Barberah Studios Europe".

so where would you work and what would you make if you had the teams and the budgets?

let me know.

I had fun working for Henry Persig. We did electro-mechanical effects. The Jello Tree was a major job the second year, when they wanted it to work with actors, instead of being shot with the camera at 90 deg from vertical. We had to cast Jello over Plexiglass to hold the stems.
If you are going into a big studio, be warned that technical talent is not as important as political talent and self-promotion. Once someone second-rate lands a management job, their top priority is to only hire less skilled people who won't threaten their job. Someone can be terrible at their job and quite unaware of it due to the Dunning-Kruger effect, but still be superb at a$$ kissing and sabotage. Also, movies are quite unlikely to be an overall benefit to the climate - CGI saves material, but the message is still corporate-friendly.

well in that case, you're right. in a corporate culture, you're needed for special effects, ads etc.

but what if you want to tell a story?
trust me I have thousands

Since I've done the tiiiiniest bit of animation practice myself, I may be suited for a much smaller, more casual job (especially since I haven't worked before) but if I was going for the big bucks I would fly to Japan and work for Studio Ghibli or Studio Ponok c: I know it's rumoured that it's really hard to work in those, so ideally I would go for something close-knit in Australia. I admire your intuition!

Since I've done the tiiiiniest bit of animation practice myself, I may be suited for a much smaller, more casual job (especially since I haven't worked before) but if I was going for the big bucks I would fly to Japan and work for Studio Ghibli or Studio Ponok c: I know it's rumoured that it's really hard to work in those, so ideally I would go for something close-knit in Australia. I admire your intuition!
well download OpenToonz and start practicing!

follow your dreams, my man!

well download OpenToonz and start practicing!

follow your dreams, my man!
Thanks for the encouragement *blushes* I might give that thing a try, whatever it is :D

Btw idk if I mentioned this but I did download a free version of Flash for a while, that was pretty fun cause I love animated shows that are made using that :3

New Threads

Top Bottom