• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Well, the day has finally came

D temp

I'll get straight to the point, I've been pretty close friends to an aspi girl over msn (We've spoken on the phone, and webcammed etc too) for about half a year now, and today's the day we've finally decided to meet up in person.

I'm going from Derby-London via train to meet up, and spending vertually the whole day down there.

BUT! :ph34r:

I'm MEGA MEGA MEGA worried, my anxiety is sky high because me in social situations = baaad.
I'm terrified I'll get there and it'd be awkward, and I won't be able to think of things to say, therefor proberbly 'disapointing her' and wasting her saturday with someone she'd find boring...

Not really sure if anyone has any advice? Would really be great, thanks. Before 9am gmt though please, because that's when I'm leaving. ^^

Danny x

If she is an Aspie girl, and assuming that she knows that you are an Aspie guy, then you should both know pretty much what to expect.

Worst case scenario is that you spend the entire time staring at each others' shoelaces and waiting for the other to say something.

The 6 months chatting on MSN should at least mean that you know what she is interested in.
When I finally worked out how to talk to girls I realized that you weren't actually supposed to talk to girls, but rather poke around until you found something that they were interested in and get them started. After that you can just nod appreciatively.

It's 8:57! Good luck! I'm sure it'll go fine. You'll both be tense as you start out, but by the end of the day you won't want to leave - trust me! :p

Good luck Danny! :D!
I know this is a bit late 'cause Sam told me you and Claire are already there.
But yeah.
Hope you guys are having fun ^_^.
I've been stalking your Facebook page for like the last 3 hours. LOL.
EMZ=]

Didn't expect as many as 7 replies on here by the time I got back. :ph34r:

Anyway, just gotten back and I can cheerfully say it went fab, sure it was a bit 'tense' at first but we were comfertable around eachother before we knew it. I was surprised infact how fine I was, since I've got real bad social anxiery I expected it to go awful...

But it ended out in a day of jokes, shopping, holding hands (Friedly way obviously) and hugging which I usually panic over.

Something I'll be doing again for sure. :)

:p Glad things went well. I've had a few experiences similar to what I imagine yours was like. It always seems to be the same... start out looking at each others feet a lot, then not want to leave by the end of the day lol. You'd have thought I'd learnt by now. People don't bite. :D

:p Glad things went well. I've had a few experiences similar to what I imagine yours was like. It always seems to be the same... start out looking at each others feet a lot, then not want to leave by the end of the day lol. You'd have thought I'd learnt by now. People don't bite. :D

I always fear the worse case scenario will become reality, so the chances are I'll be exactly the same again the next time I meet 'someone new'. :lol:

But yeah, saying goodbye was too hard, I can't even settle down to do anything now without thinking about yesterday. :rolleyes2:

Aww. I can relate. :p The first time I met then left Willow a few years ago = </3

Aw I understand too :) When I met my boyfriend 2 years ago it was awesome and has been ever since. With all the troubles and fights I hear about every day in school... and then those people get married? o.0 It's refreshing to hear nice stories. :)

I never met any online people or online girlfriends up until recently, I've been bumping into a few of them and it definitely felt very weird, I have to admit but also I didn't know she went to my college, must be a bonus!! :thumbsup:

New Threads

Top Bottom