• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Well, that's relatable...

Not sure if there is a thread like this already, but I thought it would be fun to post fun/interesting videos that you find unexpectedly relatable.

Like for me, this short film:

Sometimes, that is exactly what it's like to go to the store. :astonished:

Edit: The animation above is a little freaky, so if you are bothered by weird-looking monster creatures and cartoon violence (a car tips over, someone screams, a bird eats a pringles can) then skip it.

So, I posted and then removed a video that I find very meaningful, but it's not funny. However, I appreciate the artistic vision of the video creator and the message they want to convey. Can I share it, or is this section not intended for this type of content?

This one I have always related to (the anxiety part anyway). It's not just how much I relate to it but how it explains it to others who think I should just "not worry".

I would like to make a small disclaimer: the video may disturb some, even though it's an animation, there are some scenes of violence present.

1. I also mention: the graphics (which disturbed me because they are "grotesque," but necessary from an artistic point of view).

2. The violence, which, if looked at with the realism of our current reality, "cancels out" because we understand that it's inherent to the context and the message that the artist wants to convey. It's not gratuitous "random" violence but "realistic violence”, for artistic necessity and the need to convey a message: schematized into acts of physical violence (schematized to ensure that the message reaches us clear and devoid of misunderstandings). So, it may be disturbing, but if we understand the artistic choice (necessary) rationally so that a clear message reaches us, it won't disturb. If we focus only on the act itself and not on what the act represents, I advise you not to watch it.

I wanted to share this video that I found, here are the strengths that made it valuable to me:

1. Smooth at the right pace.
2. Doesn't bore you or make you feel obligated to regain lost focus to finish the video (basically the same as point 1 but okay).
3. Well balanced with details and information.
4. Provides context and gives examples.
5. Has a speaking speed that doesn't overwhelm you.
6. Provides good starting points, and by the end of the video, you have a clearer understanding (at a basic level) of how to avoid "over-sharing" (which alleviates some anxiety in future social interactions).
7. Overall, I find it to be a video that all neurodiverse people should watch because it's very useful and provides excellent tools for managing social interaction anxiety.

I would like to make a small disclaimer: the video may disturb some, even though it's an animation, there are some scenes of violence present.

1. I also mention: the graphics (which disturbed me because they are "grotesque," but necessary from an artistic point of view).

2. The violence, which, if looked at with the realism of our current reality, "cancels out" because we understand that it's inherent to the context and the message that the artist wants to convey. It's not gratuitous "random" violence but "realistic violence”, for artistic necessity and the need to convey a message: schematized into acts of physical violence (schematized to ensure that the message reaches us clear and devoid of misunderstandings). So, it may be disturbing, but if we understand the artistic choice (necessary) rationally so that a clear message reaches us, it won't disturb. If we focus only on the act itself and not on what the act represents, I advise you not to watch it.

Wow. I chose this exact short film last year when there was an assignment to show and interpret one in front of the class I'm in... And the silence I got after I did that was pretty interesting...

New Threads

Top Bottom