• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Well hi

ThanosTheDwarf

V.I.P Member
hi all,

I'm a 45yo guy who is currently awaiting assessment / diagnosis and my psychologist gave me a bit of homework to find some groups / forums etc so well .. here I am ;) I've been battling with depression for at least a decade and about 4 months ago started therapy and while I always knew i had a few quirks, the last couple of months have been eye-opening to say the least. I first started thinking about autism, aspergers etc a couple of years ago but never really wanted to dig deeper but well let's just say not digging deeper went out the window when I started the sessions. So right now there is a lot of stuff that seems a little overwhelming at times and I'm slowly looking further into who "I am" and what makes me tick.

I would probably be classed as high functioning, in a "successful at work and failing at life" kind of way ;) .. Of course I have collected a few slightly intense interests over the years. Everything from designing and building vacuum tube based headphone amps to venomous snakes and birds of prey so anyone interested in any of these .. let me know ;)

Thanks for having me and go easy on me .. I've got no idea yet what I am doing ;)

Hello and welcome, @ThanosTheDwarf! Don't worry, there is no prerequisite to have any idea what you are doing to be part of this place. Settle in and hopefully you will enjoy yourself here.

Hi :) I hope you feel comfortable here. I'm fairly new and I do, for the most part. I'm 50 and very newly diagnosed. Also in therapy. In fact I'm in my therapist's garden waiting for my session, as we speak.

I'm also Australian and have had a few close calls with some highly venomous snakes, namely brown snakes and a death adder or night tiger, not sure which.

1701992297190.png

Thanks for the warm welcome! @Outdated / @Neri if it wouldn't be for the rest of the stuff that tries to kill you in Aus - i'd love it there and let's just say I'm not a big fan of creepy crawlies

Alright then, nice to meet you. Some here share pics of their special interests, so it's opened my world up even more.

I like using vacuum tubes for RF. I get a kick out of mixing ICs and tubes in the same circuit. Sort of an electronic creative anachronism
Volrage regulator in current mode for tube filament, 555 multivibrator and step up transformer for high voltage. 12v battery power

Last edited:
I like using vacuum tubes for RF. I get a kick out of mixing ICs and tubes in the same circuit. Sort of an electronic creative anachronism
Volrage regulator in current mode for tube filament, 555 multivibrator and step up transformer for high voltage. 12v battery power
Nice! My latest design was a hybrid. Pre-amp stage with two 12AU7s and then solid state for the output stage - runs on 48V DC power supply

Using a tube as the final stage of a transmitter gives nice high Standing Wave Ratio tolerance. An unmatched antenna could fry a transistor in seconds, where you can see a tube plate begin glowing cherry red before permanent damage is done. (Assuming you've left the tube out in view). Great for impromptu or emergency wire-thrown-over-tree-limb setups.)

Hello! I've found reading and sharing stories can be a good way of connecting and finding inspiration - I hope the same for you as well.

New Threads

Top Bottom