• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Weight loss support thread.

OK, so my doctor just told me that my obesity has a lot to do with my recent development of various health problems.

If I lose weight, I will get better sleep, better blood circulation (my circulation is terrible at the present moment), less aches and pains, and a chance to live past the age of 50.

Who wants to be a weight loss accountability partner through PMs with me here?

I've had 800 kcals today. I'm not obese. Just not ripped. I don't know if I can keep that going for any prolonged length of time, it's just so hard.

I don't need to drop lbs. Just need to stay working out and accountable to exercise no matter what.

I've lost 32 pounds, apparently. I think I'm always going to be curvy and will probably never be "skinny" like how I was several years ago, but I'm at least in better shape than I was.

I have managed to lose some weight after only 3 days of exercise and eating lightly!
Building a habit is really the solution to every problem.

One method of losing weight and still being able to eat many enjoyable foods is the Atkins Diet which is high protein and low carb. I have used this method numerous times when I may have overindulged, and when the desired weight is achieved, I go back to my normal healthy diet.

Breakfast = bacon & eggs.

Lunch = sliced meats, Brie cheese, olives and pickles.

Dinner = shrimp, olives and cheese.

With the above, I usually lose ~ 1/2 lb a day, my blood work (cholesterol, etc) are great, and I am never hungry after the first day or two when my body is still craving carbohydrates.

I give in. I had (3) SMALL chocate products that shall remain nameless (92ckal each) . I have no will power.

I'm still on a calorie deficit though.

I've been on diet for 2 weeks now. My main goal is fighting fatigue, demotivation and overall health issues and losing belly fat - probably my biggest insecurity.

I've cut down on sugar and trans fatt acids while maintaining calorie deficit. For me eating less is not a problem tho. When I hyperfocus I forgot about eating so I can basically fast all day and then realize it in the late evening. Exercising is far harder. I enjoy doing my arms and legs but ABS muscles hurt so bad...

Rome was not built in a day, it's very easy to relapse beacuse of how our brain was wired to enjoy easily available carbohydrates - be patient everybody and stay away from beating yourselves up for every calorie.
I give in. I had (3) SMALL chocate products that shall remain nameless (92ckal each) . I have no will power.

I'm still on a calorie deficit though.

I've been in a calorie deficit + working out intensely everyday for the past 2 years and haven't been able to lose those last few (5-10) pounds. I went on a (pretty extreme) low-carb diet for severe gut issues and now I'm starting to lose that flab.

I don't know if the calorie thing does the magic when you've got other issues going on, but at least I'm seeing some progress in the bodyfat department again. Just reminding some that exercising your balls off doesn't always do it.

Exercising because it feels good, however, is pretty priceless anyway. I can be your accountability partner, OP, if you still need one.

I decided to start this thread because sometimes I could use a kick in the butt to keep going to the gym, or to not pick up Fred Meyer fried chicken for lunch, or to drink tap water instead of Dr. Pepper.

I also am looking for peer support when it comes to weight loss. I could stand to lose about 50lbs, and all of my fat is in the worst possible place - right in the belly, around my organs.

Anybody here want to lose some lbs with me?
I want to join! I gained about 50 lbs in the pandemic and also because of new meds. I'm off two of them now so it should be a bit easier.

New Threads

Top Bottom