• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Greatshield17

Claritas Prayer Group#9435
One of my biggest weaknesses is that I am abysmal at math, I want to improve my math skills so that it's better for me to find employment and like. Does anyone know of any simple and easy methods to improve and practice my math skills?

One thing that helped me was to work the same sets of problems repeatedly,
the way a person practices a musical instrument. Also, noting/writing down
the types of errors you commit, so that you become aware and can avoid
them next time.

One of my biggest weaknesses is that I am abysmal at math, I want to improve my math skills so that it's better for me to find employment and like. Does anyone know of any simple and easy methods to improve and practice my math skills?
What level of math are you failing at?
If arithmetic, get flash cards. Learn your multiplication tables.

If algebra, take a refresher course. (It shows up in more places than people realize.)

Some jobs make more use of geometry than others.

(I have only gone up to trigonometry, but even as a programmer it wasn't called upon very often.)

There are plenty of online courses. I would look at Coursera. Naturally, you need to identify the area of math you want to practice.

What works for me is just trying to do simple calculations in my head instead of reaching for the calculator. I can hear my brains creaking, but I’m slowly getting better.

New Threads

Top Bottom