• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Walking fast to avoid people, nope it does not work.

Tony Ramirez

Single. True friend's.
V.I.P Member
Walking home from the store my daily walking routing pulling a wagon with heavy water bottles I tried to avoid a young woman by walking fast walking near me. Well folks it does not work I tripped and fell dang bumpy sidewalks. I could not believe she said "are you okay?". I said "yes" then she said "are you sure" again surprised as I though all younger people were stuck up. I replied the "wagon was heavy with water bottles" she said something not insulting and I went on my way home.

So now I am going to try to walk slower specifically with all those broken sidewalk blocks. However it is hard I got so much energy now I just want to walk fast.

Don't forget I went from going out once a month only for appointments to almost everyday now.

You tend to generalize, and it might be a good idea to watch out for that.

Anytime you think "all" something, you can know immediately that you're not quite right. There is certainly no causal link between being young and being stuck-up.

If something doesn't work once, that doesn't mean it can't work ever. You won't trip every time you walk fast. You could walk fast every time from now on and never trip again. Who knows!

Good luck! :)

I judge too much which is a bad trait. I guess it was my misery growing up as a teenager and not knowing I had AS.

Remember when I was a teen in High School and tripped everyone laughed did not say anything good. However in my late 20's young adult it happened again at church and people came up to me saying "are you okay", "are you sure".

Also binge watching Married with Children's is not good for my judgement of people but Married is so dang funny. I like Hawaii Five O too
https://www.hulu.com/series/married-with-children-94305a52-e0a4-4c60-94a3-cb5350333b19

Also forgot that my family is generally judgemental and mean with strangers even sometimes my Grandmother. One wrong thing someone does and they hold a bad grudge. Also my mother and uncle say these young "stuck up" yuppies are ruining the neighborhood "which they did not my neighborhood is so much safer then when I was younger" so hearing this makes me judge too which I am really going to try to stop.

Last edited:
That was of nice of her stop and ask if you were OK.
I trip sometimes and it is so embarrassing. The other day I was talking to my neighbor and I kind of leaned like I was going to fall and she kept looking at me like I was going to fall over any second.
It’s just hard to stand too long.

Walking home from the store my daily walking routing pulling a wagon with heavy water bottles I tried to avoid a young woman by walking fast walking near me. Well folks it does not work I tripped and fell dang bumpy sidewalks. I could not believe she said "are you okay?". I said "yes" then she said "are you sure" again surprised as I though all younger people were stuck up. I replied the "wagon was heavy with water bottles" she said something not insulting and I went on my way home.

So now I am going to try to walk slower specifically with all those broken sidewalk blocks. However it is hard I got so much energy now I just want to walk fast.

Don't forget I went from going out once a month only for appointments to almost everyday now.

and as an aspie myself,that's why i tend to avoid girls or women like that,just like a ninja by silently avoiding them,the way you should because you'll never know what they may have planned for you,socially or romantically !

Walking fast, especially when pulling a heavy wagon, might look a little awkward and you will probably draw attention to yourself from others. Which you say you don't want. So walking at a more leisurely pace would probably be better in your case. Otherwise I see what you mean, it would be more time spent outside, which if all else was equal, would statistically equate to more people encounters.

This really only happened three times my life in public. First time high school humiliation, second time at New hope Church people cared and today.

That's 2/3 times people caring. ;) And high-school shouldn't even count as part of our lives, I always say it was a test to see if you really want to live, kinda like going through purgatory or something.

Like my mother use to talk to only one or two neighbors says the rest is stuck up but she is the one that gives out an bad attitude even yelling for no reason and one wrong cross even minor and you are hated for life. I remember she made a waitress actually cry for something so minor like one wrong item. That is the kind of crap I grew up around.

No wonder my attitude has been so hostile even here and I am sorry. I had a great attitude when I had the church friends from New hope "there parents are the polar opposite of mine it was scary" but whatever happened when I lost them my heart and judement came back again in full force.

So need to make new Christian friends so my heart does not stay so bitter the other 23 hours at home the 1 hour I need to get out of my judgmental house.

That's 2/3 times people caring. ;) And high-school shouldn't even count as part of our lives, I always say it was a test to see if you really want to live, kinda like going through purgatory or something.
I use to call high school "hell school" so you are not far off and yes it was hell even though it was Catholic.

However Junior high catholic 6th to 8th grade was like the opposite of high school. I remember even openly crying to a student girl for some reason and I even did my Asperger trates with no judgements.

Dang it it happened twice in high school I forgot about the bus instance where it suddenly stopped and I could have gotten serious hurt but they laughed anyway. Wonder now why I cried when I got home from school. High school got better by my senior year as the bullies either got left back, expelled or transfered.

That is why I was expecting laughter at the church and I was shocked when I heard "are you alright" even more when it happened again this past afternoon.

So it is an even 2/2 not counting hell school then it is 2 good deads.

Last edited:
Wow, that's interesting! Middle-school was just as bad for me, and high-school got progressively worse with each year until I had a panic attack at the beginning of senior year and went to a hospital instead of school then stopped going and finished from home!

I used to say humans start being evil at middle-school, but after having taught for about five years now, I now see that humans are evil as early as four years old!

If you find an "are you alright" kind of person to be friends with and they stick around, then that will change your life!

Like my mother use to talk to only one or two neighbors says the rest is stuck up but she is the one that gives out an bad attitude even yelling for no reason and one wrong cross even minor and you are hated for life. I remember she made a waitress actually cry for something so minor like one wrong item. That is the kind of crap I grew up around.

No wonder my attitude has been so hostile even here and I am sorry. I had a great attitude when I had the church friends from New hope "there parents are the polar opposite of mine it was scary" but whatever happened when I lost them my heart and judement came back again in full force.

So need to make new Christian friends so my heart does not stay so bitter the other 23 hours at home the 1 hour I need to get out of my judgmental house.

We have a lot in common! My family is hateful and mean, and I was bitter and hostile for many years, and then I made Christian friends, and now I go to two different friend's churches every week! They're so kind I think of them as a different species, just like I think of myself as a different one but not the same as them, which makes at least three species of humans that I know of for sure.

I loved having Christian friends and need to make new ones the issue is finding them trying to make them.

Oh okay, yeah, that's true. I guess you just keep trying. :confused: My friends were all gotten through a miracle. It's the only way for me. :D

Still I had friends and back then I was not bitter like I am now. I don't understand and find annoying "it is easy to make friends" heck I even turned off a movie that started with that of course the main character "made friends easily" I said "yea right". Yes Fino I still feel judgemental. I also still think the worst of myself. I say to myself today will be worse than yesterday and if I go here nothing will happen as usual.

I know it's hard, but changing your thinking changes your life. It's true. And if you try to think differently and nothing gets better as fast you want it to, that's not a reason to stop. Positive changes to your thought processes is a life-long endeavor.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom