• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Volatile relationship with father.

You didn't respond to anything I said. I never said it wasn't volatile.

I know you didn't say that.

But I admit I was confused when you said, "I was relieved and grateful to read what it really was," because I don't see anything to be relieved about having a volatile relationship with a parent. o_O

I won't make assumptions by what you mean here, but I can only guess you said this due to lack of full, complete information from OP. Which is what we all do here anyway...:confused:

I know you didn't say that.

But I admit I was confused when you said, "I was relieved and grateful to read what it really was," because I don't see anything to be relieved about having a volatile relationship with a parent. o_O

I won't make assumptions by what you mean here, but I can only guess you said this due to lack of full, complete information from OP. Which is what we all do here anyway...:confused:

Because what I imagined was worse.
It's like when I worry a stranger will murder me, and then they don't and I'm relieved.
That's all! :)

My father was embarrassed by the fact that I was different because of ASD. Although he was there, I was ignored as if I was not there. At the age of 51, I decided to ignore him. Only one time in the last five years has he reached out, by sending me an email to say happy birthday. Unless we have very attentive and well educated parents, I think ASD children will have the same social interaction problems with parents, as we do with non-family.

i sorry to hear this when my father was alive he was very very very very very very very nice to me we did alot of fun things together but sadly he died from lung cancer by smoking i miss him very very much

New Threads

Top Bottom