• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Voice chat?

OrdinaryCitizen

I guess we could benefit from practicing voice communication between ourselves and just kill time.

There might be existing service with voice chat rooms we can use for ourselves or perhaps admin could install one on this site somehow.

Meanwhile i feel free to PM me if you'd like try one on one, but keep in mind my vocal skills are like super bad.

Personally i don't like Discord because its all about games, anime other non productive stuff, cannot find anybody to talk to about anything meaningful in there.
I feel like people use Discord to fool around and relax from day-to-day life acting like silly monkeys and its contagious.

For me who has no ordinary social life myself i am looking for substitute on the internet, and all i find is people fooling around, that gets me nowhere in terms getting my goals of normal socialization or building new social skills that i can use out in the street.

Personally i don't like Discord because its all about games, anime other non productive stuff, cannot find anybody to talk to about anything outside that subjects.
I feel like people go the to fool around and relax from ordinary life and its contagious, however i have no ordinary life myself this is why me fooling around with them gets me nowhere in terms of building social skills.
Isn't the point of chat rooms to sit back and relax, tho? Unless it was a workplace-specific chat service, that's most likely what a chat room is going to be used for.

Isn't the point of chat rooms to sit back and relax, tho?
Guess if one get bunch of talking in your daily life then yes.

I have close to zero communication with others offline or online too because as i said its all fooling around and i am serious guy who likes to discuss something meaningful, that is what i am looking for personally.

Sounds like a good idea but wouldn't that defeat the purpose of the forum?
Some people like to talk some people like to type, its 2 different platforms each with its pros & cons, one does not really substitute another IMHO.

I feel like only small percentage of people will want to use voice chat.

Some people like to talk some people like to type, its 2 different platforms each with its pros & cons, one does not really substitute another IMHO.

I feel like only small percentage of people will want to use voice chat.
I believe YouTube and in-game team voice chat, as well as talking with the friends I have on Discord has helped me with talking to other people online over the internet more than text chat has. I'd love to have a Discord integration. This site DOES have a dedicated chat room hardwired into the site, but I'd love a Discord integration. It's much better than what we have now. I mean, what kind of message order is that? The most recent messages should be on the bottom, not the top!
Screenshot (53).png

I believe YouTube and in-game team voice chat, as well as talking with the friends I have on Discord has helped me with talking to other people online over the internet more than text chat has. I'd love to have a Discord integration. This site DOES have a dedicated chat room hardwired into the site, but I'd love a Discord integration. It's much better than what we have now. I mean, what kind of message order is that? The most recent messages should be on the bottom, not the top!View attachment 47619

If you would take a few minutes to go over your chat settings, you will discover that there is a way to invert the chat so it reads as you desire.

I would not bank on the owner moving forward with any other chat platform other than what we are using now ;)

Yeah voice chat wouldn't work for people on slower Internet connections, it'd be very laggy which people would complain about.

On a personal note, it could also lead to the same problem I have with non UK call centres, people not understanding my broad Yorkshire accent.

There are many VoIP applications apart from Discord which are more serious or more dedicated to just voice chat alone if that is the only purpose. Discord just happens to be the most used as it's quite a diverse platform. It's more game orientated as it is extremely versatile and was primarily aimed towards the gaming community initially. My WoW guild switched to it after years of using and *paying for* TeamSpeak. At least Discord is free! :)

If its unmoderated, I'm uninterested. Too easy for a creep to do a lot of damage quickly. The strength of AC is its ability to maintain a reasonably safe environment for vunerable people.

New Threads

Top Bottom