• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Vivitar 5125 camera doesn't work, can I take it anywhere in Sheffield, England for repair?

Interesting. Sounds like a similar problem I've had with my Sony digital recorder. Maddening when it happens. Though in this instance the +- contacts for the batteries are not movable. Wondering if using more expensive high-quality alkaline batteries would make a difference. Hmmm.

Glad you got it to work again though.

False economy that, why pay a fortune for expensive batteries when Pound Land batteries are about a third of the price and probably last longer?

False economy that, why pay a fortune for expensive batteries when Pound Land batteries are about a third of the price and probably last longer?

I suppose it depends on the battery and how they are used. My experience has been that Sunbeam batteries AA/AAA ($1 for four) in fact don't last as long as Duracell.

And I have hard-wired smoke detectors that won't even accept cheaper nine volt batteries for a backup. Very picky devices.

I tend to use cheaper batteries only because they aren't for critical use and used only occasionally at best. But yeah, it's quite possible certain more sophisticated devices are more picky about what batteries are used.

There may be a pattern here that we both should pay attention to. At least enough to go out and get some good batteries and simply put them to the test. If the device consistently operates as it should, then that tells me to use better batteries. If not, then the problem lies elsewhere. Logical deduction. Better to work the problem than just live with such malfunctions. Even if it costs a few more bucks- or quid.

Last edited:
Well they emailed me back last night from Vivitar, but obviously the camera works now so I don't need their tech support.

New Threads

Top Bottom