• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Visual glitch on monitor.

Joshua the Writer

Very Nerdy Guy, Any Pronouns
V.I.P Member
My monitor keeps on getting this weird glitches where white boxes flash on screen IDK what is up with that. The monitor is a sceptre brand 1600x900p monitor. My laptop screen does not have these glitches. I got this monitor pretty recently for Christmas.

I suggest downloading a Linux distribution and loading it on to a USB stick.

I'm not suggesting that you install Linux, but you can run it from the USB without installing it. It's what's called Live Desktop. Instructions on how to create one of these USB sticks can be found here:

Booting from this and playing around with it for a little while will soon tell you if those glitches are the monitor itself or if it's because of software issues in Windows. Having one of these USB sticks set up is a very useful thing, you can use it for testing and even resolving many issues, and it's 100% free.

I suggest downloading a Linux distribution and loading it on to a USB stick.

I'm not suggesting that you install Linux, but you can run it from the USB without installing it. It's what's called Live Desktop. Instructions on how to create one of these USB sticks can be found here:

Booting from this and playing around with it for a little while will soon tell you if those glitches are the monitor itself or if it's because of software issues in Windows. Having one of these USB sticks set up is a very useful thing, you can use it for testing and even resolving many issues, and it's 100% free.

I don't have enough working USB ports for this. I will have to buy a USB hub first.

These monitor specs don't seem overly onerous for any modern laptop model. What's your laptop model? And what cable are you using to connect the monitor and laptop - USB-C, HDMI... any adapters?

With a laptop you might also check to see what your core operating temperatures are with the CPU and GPU (if not integrated into the CPU) when such visual artifacts show up as white boxes.

Download freeware to monitor such temperatures. See if this is a byproduct of your CPU/GPU throttling. Common if you're gaming on a laptop and overclocking much of anything. Though it could also be signalling a major component is failing.

For some of us, the very notion of "laptop gaming" constitutes an oxymoron. Mostly given those thermodynamic considerations with so much heat concentrated in such a small space with insufficient airflow and cooling.

Last edited:
These monitor specs don't seem overly onerous for any modern laptop model. What's your laptop model? And what cable are you using to connect the monitor and laptop - USB-C, HDMI... any adapters?
Dell G15 gaming laptop (2020). The connection to the monitor is hdmi. I do not overclock anything.

Yeah, a gaming laptop should be more than able to handle your monitor. Did you try different HDMI cables, or a different way of connecting (e.g., HDMI adapter from your laptop to DisplayPort), or a different laptop?

New Threads

Top Bottom