• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Virgin Shaming

True, I guess that's not what you were saying. I'm not very emotionally invested in this topic though. But I guess I really do have some deep-rooted issues in other areas, that triggered due to me reading your post that way. My bad, I'm out.
Fair enough. The reason I responded the way I did is that I would hate to see the sexism that has infested a certain other autistic forum worm it's way into this place, and because of that it is possible that I was hasty in my response to you. If you don't hold those sexist red-pill type views then I am very sorry for implying you did. Evo-psych arguments in regards to sexual selection and dating is just a huge red flag for me because it usually quicky devolves into blaming women for being slaves to our hormones and various other sexist arguments. If I jumped the gun in your case I apologise.

I don't think it's anywhere near okay to shame people for not participating in sex, there's many reasons why a person may be s virgin, and they're not because that man/woman is a bad person. Wouldn't it be great if people got their nose out of other people's bedrooms?

I really hate virgin shaming. People should have sex when they want to have sex. Virgin shaming teeters into rape culture pretty bad. Please don't do this, people.

Last edited by a moderator:
The question is 'what is up with shaming'? Why do people feel the need to shame other people? Personally, I think it has to do we ego boosting. I put you down to elevate myself.

Virgin shaming is just like slut shaming - people showing their ignorance or unwillingness to accept that some people have different lives to them. It really bothers some people. It's often a spite thing. I'd feel sorry for them feeling they have to make such a big issue out of it. No ones' worth is defined by if you've had sex or not at the end of the day.

What is up with virgin shaming? I thought it was limited to jock types and other related people but I even seen people who claim to fight for social justice resort to virgin shaming too. The idea is that virgins are “losers” for not making out in that kind of way. It’s also seems to be based on the huge value of relationships that society puts on people. It’s like being single or lonely is supposed to be a bad sign that you did something wrong as a person. I don’t agree with any of this. I find it worse when so-called progressives behave in this manner because I would think they know better.

There could be several reasons why someone is a virgin. Some people don’t rush out to have a relationship. Someone could be asexual and doesn’t want that kind of connection. Maybe they just didn’t find someone yet. Even jerks and bullies can lose their virginity and it can be done in non-romantic ways.

No, seriously, how would losing my virginity change anything about my life? What’s even the big deal anyway? I would still be depressed due to numerous problems. I still wouldn’t be working. I still would have Asperger’s. I still wouldn’t understand society that well. What would not being a virgin prove or change? I mean it’s not even really anyone’s business anyway if I don’t want to share that information. I will look for relationships on my own terms and only when I'm ready.

i hate people like that so much it makes me want to go off on them,
on them,because i was relentlessly given heck in high school because of it !

New Threads

Top Bottom