• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Video Game blog for relieving some stress

I mostly definitely play games to relieve depression.... that is the primary reason I find myself playing them, actually.

Seriously getting stuck into Grim Dawn at the moment, due to a mixture of loss/anxiety & just general stress.
Hoping that No Man's Sky is as good as it seems as it looks a great way to unwind. I found a 75gb MAME collection the other day.... MAME 1.57 ASH Build. Nostalgia & stress relief in one large package.

I liked that article a lot. I don't game currently: my only gaming expedition ended in near-breakdown as I battled to kick my grade A, high velocity, full blown compulsive-obsessive addiction to a MMORG Haha. Serious stuff! These days when I think back to those three years incessant gaming - 16+hrs per day & fon alerts during sleep time, if defending my account - I see that despite the turmoil it all ended in, that gaming actually helped preserve my sanity when I was battling quite difficult issues irl at times & the discovery of an online community when I was quite isolated was awesome.

I see that despite the turmoil it all ended in, that gaming actually helped preserve my sanity when I was battling quite difficult issues irl at times & the discovery of an online community when I was quite isolated was awesome.

It can be incredibly awsome.
I took up playing Eve online a few years back when I was trying to change my ability to sit in the pub, it was a great time.
As I'd recommended the game to a friend a few years before, when I met up with them ingame he'd managed to do quite well for himself. Because of that I could join his gang & their Teamspeak server. This is what made that game work... the people. It allowed me to chat, laugh & cry; with people I'd never met. I must have spent 2 years playing that game. Hunting, PvE, PvP, roleplaying. I was in the Corp. running 'Bombers Bar'.... I miss my Manticore Stealth Bomber now.

Oh the tears & no, I may not be playing now but I'm keeping my stuff. :)

New Threads

Top Bottom