• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Video game anxiety

Axler

I just upgraded to Windows 10 and now Fallout 3 crashes all the time. I am unreasonably upset by this.

Sad face :(

I'm avoiding the update, I'm afraid it'll cause more problems on my computer than not, I'll just get it whenever we have to get a new computer I suppose.

The win 10 update has been fine otherwise. A decent operating system. Except that the interface kinda feels like it's designed for children or the elderly.
I'm going to have to wait for Fallout 4 I guess.

I'd say it's reasonable. You paid for that game and it's a fun game.

I don't know if anyone is making a fix. There might be an unofficial patch on Nexus. Worth a shot. You could also reformat, if you're desperate.

Yeah, it's one of my go to games when I have a bad day. I'll try to reinstall it and see.

Wow, thanks for the link. I may have to roll back to win 7 or transfer my save game to a different box.

That would drive me batty. I am a big Fallout fan, but I play on XBox. I'm actually going to buy an XBox One because I am going to need Fallout 4 ASAP. Also, I'm a chump. I don't have a decent computer and I'm a console gamer for life, anyway.

Getting a good gaming rig is worth it. You have better graphics, you can mod to your hearts content (which also includes unofficial patches, which can be a lifesaver), you get more games for better prices via steam, you have the ability to upgrade any time you please, and get more bang for your buck. Once you go PC, you never go back.

Getting a good gaming rig is worth it. You have better graphics, you can mod to your hearts content (which also includes unofficial patches, which can be a lifesaver), you get more games for better prices via steam, you have the ability to upgrade any time you please, and get more bang for your buck. Once you go PC, you never go back.

Unless they make terrible ports that need to be patched like crazy *cough*Arkham knight*cough*

The win 10 update has been fine otherwise. A decent operating system. Except that the interface kinda feels like it's designed for children or the elderly.
I'm going to have to wait for Fallout 4 I guess.
It doesn't help that the TV advert in the UK has a voice over spouting nonsense about how "these kids will realise their full potential, these kids will change the world, because these kids will grow up with windows 10!!!" with clips of little kids doing goofy stuff... I guess with more and more kids being brought up with smartphones and tablets as their 'electronic babysitters', it kinda made sense for them to make the interface a bit more kid-friendly...

My favourite feature of windows 10 was the ability to roll back to windows 7 with only minimal damage. I had a few issues with software licenses when I 'upgraded' to windows 10, and a couple of them were still giving me trouble when I went back to windows 7 for a while...

It doesn't help that the TV advert in the UK has a voice over spouting nonsense about how "these kids will realise their full potential, these kids will change the world, because these kids will grow up with windows 10!!!" with clips of little kids doing goofy stuff... I guess with more and more kids being brought up with smartphones and tablets as their 'electronic babysitters', it kinda made sense for them to make the interface a bit more kid-friendly...

My favourite feature of windows 10 was the ability to roll back to windows 7 with only minimal damage. I had a few issues with software licenses when I 'upgraded' to windows 10, and a couple of them were still giving me trouble when I went back to windows 7 for a while...

with that in mind wouldn't the kids with mac, windows, and linux be the ones to really realize their full potentional, windows 10 is just the "style" this week lol

Fallout 3 is a really unstable game in the first place, even more if you mod it. A lot of people prefer to play the Fallout: New Vegas mod A Tale of Two Wastelands because it's more stable.

I just upgraded to Windows 10 and now Fallout 3 crashes all the time. I am unreasonably upset by this.

Buy an Xbox One, Fallout 3 is backward compatible on the One, available for around £15 (Around $20 at current exchange rate)

I played new vegas till 4 came out last year. It's one of those games that can calm me down. Help refocus me. I just need to take out a raider camp and then I can breathe.

New Vegas is so much more better than 3. The only thing I don't like about NV is that it ends when you finish the main story.

New Threads

Top Bottom