• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Very shy, have Trouble saying hi...

Heather Lewis

Aspiepunk
Bear with me I'm new at this, already panicking...not sure I'm doing this right...and now like normal...I can't figure out to say (or write)...Don't know what I'm doing...it's asking for tags...what's a tag...

Not the best on the tech side myself but I'm sure someone else will be able to help you with that. ;)

No problem at all. Welcome to AC Heather!

I joined at the end of May and this place has been excellent to me and many others. I hope you'll find yourself in good company and more comfortable soon. :D

Hi Heather, welcome :)

I am very shy as well, believe it or not, though I have really come out of my shell on this site as the people are wonderful and this is a great place to simply be yourself :)
Introducing yourself is the hardest and scariest part, and you have already done a great job with it!

Welcome. This could be a big step to opening up. When I was a teenager I barely spoke to anyone. Now I'm quite well adjusted and if I told most people I was aspie they would think I'm full of crap and saying it because it's the trendy thing to do.

Welcome. This could be a big step to opening up. When I was a teenager I barely spoke to anyone. Now I'm quite well adjusted and if I told most people I was aspie they would think I'm full of crap and saying it because it's the trendy thing to do.

To add further to that, when I do photography, it's not uncommon for me talk to complete strangers and take their photo as a street portrait! And that was before I did any testing... But baby steps and everyone is at a different point... :cool:

Last edited:
So I used to be shy; in fact I was a loner by choice for many years during my childhood and teenage years. Later on the shyness went away somehow, and I made the decision to start mingling with my NT classmates and make friends - boy what a huge mistake that was. I tried way too hard and ended up being very unpleasant and obnoxious...annoying is a better term, and people just wanted to get away from me. I was never able to find a middle ground. I should have stayed quiet even after my shyness went away; it's never a good idea to make such a huge leap from shy to social butterfly, especially with my crappy social skills. My advice is to take it slowly and gradually as you're coming out of your shell - like people already said, making this post is progress. Don't make the same leap I made - instead, go with the flow, nice and slow.

Bear with me I'm new at this, already panicking...not sure I'm doing this right...and now like normal...I can't figure out to say (or write)...Don't know what I'm doing...it's asking for tags...what's a tag...
welcome to ac
a tag identifies you uniquely ie a tag on luggage
a tag is a visual representation of a spray painter who vandalises structures

Hi Heather! I don't know what a "tag" is either.

When I was a kid I didn't talk very much at all. Now I talk too much!

I've only been here about 10 days (I think) and so far it looks like you can ask or talk about anything or everything that concerns you. :)

Oh, I think I just figured out what a tag is. Back when the internet was new people would add specific search words to their site so the search engines would find them first. The number of tags (or keywords) was limited so some clever people would type them in white on a white background so they could put more on their site and make it more likely to show up in a search. It didn't take long for the web page people to crack down on us. I would guess that a tag here is similar but I can't think of why I would want one.

there are little tags above each thread ie introduction ,autism

welcome.png

Tag...press shift @ then write the poster name you are tagging...usually 4 or five letters will pull the profile tag up then you click on it and it pops the profile tag into the post you are writing ...:)welcome to AC @Heather Lewis

see your Tag @Heather Lewis

The old AC tags used to have a tiny Avatar pic. I miss those!:(

New Threads

Top Bottom