• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Useful Aspergers Syndrome / Autism Links, Articles and Resources

Listing the various traits of Aspergers. Not sure if anyone has mentioned this link before. I've found it particularly helpful in simply itemizing all my traits.

I've read of how NTs frequently post, "Oh everyone has some of those traits."

Yet my reality is that I seem to have most of these traits to varying degrees. Not merely some of them:

help4aspergers.com - List of Asperger Traits

Thank you, Judge. Even some of my best friends have dismissed out of hand the notion of my being an aspie using the exact same phrase, as well as "so what difference does it make?", with an undercurrent of "hypochondriac". I haven't been able to get them to understand the level to which this rises in my understanding of WHY I've felt so different in so many ways for 60 years!

Thank you, Judge. Even some of my best friends have dismissed out of hand the notion of my being an aspie using the exact same phrase, as well as "so what difference does it make?", with an undercurrent of "hypochondriac". I haven't been able to get them to understand the level to which this rises in my understanding of WHY I've felt so different in so many ways for 60 years!

I so understand. My own cousin dismisses the discovery of my own autism as insignificant. Very frustrating.

I can recommend taking a look at the youtube Channel called TheAnMish. It's made by a young danish girl, who has Aspergers, and she shares a lot of details from her own life, dealing with Aspergers.

She speaks english in all her videos (very very well spoken english).

Watching her videos, and the advice she has given in those videos, has helped me atleast.
It might help you too ! :)

I got this great book idea from Betty-Ann Garreck of Autism Kamloops (BC Canada):

Very Late Diagnosis of Asperger Syndrome (Autism Spectrum Disorder)

I had a very late diagnosis myself - and went through similar stages as was mentioned in the book summary, but in a more mixed manner. In the end I found it very liberating. I believe this book can be helpful though I have not looked into it yet.

I've done a lot of research into Autism and Aspergers over the past several years. I've started an educational blog on Facebook to gather this information together along with some of my own observations from a Christian perspective. If you are on Facebook, please like my page and feel free to comment on the articles I post. If this goes well, I may start something on Wordpress or Blogger. Thanks!

Hyper-wired: Musings of a Christian on the Autism Spectrum | Facebook

Thanks for all the resources, there were several I hadn't seen thus far. Here is a well done PBS video I just watched that I hadn't come across in past searches:

I just saw this in my Tumblr dashboard and I instantly thought it was a genius and potentially quite useful tool for people with Asperger's or just are confused about the context of a given internet post. I know full well that when someone types something, sometimes the context and intended implications of what is said can be lost in translation. For individuals with Asperger's it can be especially difficult.

With that, I present to you all the Tone Analyzer. I'm not saying this an infallible tool at all, but I think it could prove to assist with some situations in which you are confused by what a person is trying to say.

There's a cool app called aspiegirl which helps me learn different facial expressions and such :)
aspiegirl2.png

I haven't read this entire thread but have any of you ever seen the youtube 'Askanautistic' (ask an autistic but without spaces)?

This is highly resourceful, once I'm connected to my broadband I will definitely read up on all these links to shed more light on the subject and have more understanding who I really am.

Given the potential for cross-over between the two syndromes (a one in four chance, if I read the statistics properly), perhaps this link could prove useful?

https://www.ksa-uk.net/

As I understand it, Klinefelter Syndrome is the most common male birth defect, with a frequency of one instance for every 650 to 700 male births, meaning there's a lot of us. KS has a lot of overlap with autism but the condition is poorly understood, despite being the most common chromosomal disorder. It's a good bet there are people who use these forums who may have the condition and not know it. Its effects can be very autism-like and I've recognised in myself traits that are both classically KS and classically autistic. More to the point, Klinefelter is usualy diagnosed later in life in spite of doing most of its damage in childhood. In my case, I was thirty when I found out, and had already accumulated a raft of comorbidities stemming from it (depression, mainly). From the KS Association main page, the following link is to symptoms frequently found in adults, which might be more relevant to most people here.

Common Symptoms in Adults - Klinefelter's Syndrome Association

I hope this is helpful.

Last edited:

New Threads

Top Bottom