• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Update on my high school situation

VernalSole1355

Hello everybody, Vernal here. It's been a bit since I've posted on here and I am happy to report that my high school situation has improved. Unfortunately I do have some negative news to share as well, but let's do the positives first. As a reminder, I am homeschooled out of a satellite school.

I have made considerable progress on about half of my subjects, those will be done in a week or so. Those are my Math, History, and my final Elective: Typing (which I just finished, first subject down!)

Bible is still a bit behind and I don't even want to talk about English. (I hate it). If all goes well I should be able to graduate this year!

And now we get to the bad news. So, I do some of my schoolwork on my computer. Unfortunately, the program I use for school used to use Adobe Flash Player, and up until two days ago, ran fine. However, an essentially game-breaking glitch has occured in the software (it CANT load what it needs to) which is prohibiting me from doing certain lessons, projects, etc. Now you might think, can't we just bypass the affected lessons? No, we can't, because that would be cheating and we could get in trouble with the state for it (my mother is scared to death over that, me not so much but I'd rather avoid unnecessary risk.)

I've submitted an appeal to our school detailing the situation and requesting if any compromise would be available to waive the affected credits (it's like half a credit in like 3 subjects and thats it) and am awaiting a response from them. Hopefully they will understand my situation and waive the credits so that I can graduate this year (remember, this is a private homeschool, so they make up their own graduation requirements)

That's about it, hope everyone is doing well here. I'll keep you guys posted on the situation.

EDIT: I also took the ACT and made a 26 overall, with my most surprising score being a 31 IN ENGLISH. Which is the subject I hate. Funny how that works.

That's strange. There should be substitute work for you to do (within reason) you can do since there're technological issues.

That is fantastic on the ACT scores! Congratulations on your hard work.
As to the rest, any reasonable person would see that you need some accommodations on the technical issues. And remember. God has your back!

If you've upset someone or done something else, maybe whomever you're working with only wants to help you minimally. Start looking for substitute work on your own that would be reasonable to replace technical issues that cannot be reasonably solved. Assuming your parents/ guardians support you, ask them to help you with this.

New Threads

Top Bottom