• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Unlucky in love

Alex Bogue

I have been unlucky in love for 6 months. And I haven't had any better luck on either POF or OKCupid.

Dating sites can be hard to make things work. It like rolling the dice. You never know what will happen. Same thing applies trying to connect with someone in person.

I had one online relationship that I did got a chance to meet her in person. We never got a chance to live in the same area and after 8 years it came to the end. Despite the relationship ended, I have no regrets having that relationship. There was good times, I got a chance to see Europe and she got a chance to see Canada.

After that relationship, I never had an successful online relationship since. I had manage to date another person, this time someone in my local area. That only lasted for 4 months. How my life stand right now, I'm more concern earning a great income than having someone in my life. Though it would be nice to have someone in my life, I want to have full independence. I'm not one of those person lives with someone because of their money. I don't think your that type of person either.

It could take time to find someone. It could be this year, next year, maybe even a decade. Yes I know this don't sound re ensuring. But the worst thing anyone could do is be despite. While waiting to find that person in your life is finding other things to fill in that gap. I wish you best of luck to find that person one day.

I'm sorry that you are unlucky in love. But, I have a different vision on love. You shouldn't be desperate to find love. Because you will overlook it.
You will find it when you least expect it :)

So it is best to be happy and lucky on your own. And than walk into a partner.

Dating sites can be hard to make things work. It like rolling the dice. You never know what will happen. Same thing applies trying to connect with someone in person.

I had one online relationship that I did got a chance to meet her in person. We never got a chance to live in the same area and after 8 years it came to the end. Despite the relationship ended, I have no regrets having that relationship. There was good times, I got a chance to see Europe and she got a chance to see Canada.

After that relationship, I never had an successful online relationship since. I had manage to date another person, this time someone in my local area. That only lasted for 4 months. How my life stand right now, I'm more concern earning a great income than having someone in my life. Though it would be nice to have someone in my life, I want to have full independence. I'm not one of those person lives with someone because of their money. I don't think your that type of person either.

It could take time to find someone. It could be this year, next year, maybe even a decade. Yes I know this don't sound re ensuring. But the worst thing anyone could do is be despite. While waiting to find that person in your life is finding other things to fill in that gap. I wish you best of luck to find that person one day.

love and relationships sounds like the craps game, where you'll be lucky to roll a seven and not lose everything you put on the line ... In fact gambling always seems harder when your betting valuable things, like your heart for example, and trying to get something better out of it.

The only time you truly lose is when you stop gambling it all and give up, so my advice to the OP would be to never give up and, if he should happen to have fallen of his horse, always get back up and try again ...

It might help to try Aspie dating, or dating services for people with Aspergers.

I can never really connect with anyone on dating sites. To me, dating sites are like a clockwork orange. They mechanize something that's meant to happen naturally.

I had one online relationship that I did got a chance to meet her in person. ... after 8 years it came to the end ... After that relationship, I never had an successful online relationship since.

Did you meet your ex-gf on a dating site, or did you meet in a forum or newsgroup setting? I met my English ex-bf on a newsgroup and we got to know each other casually for a year before we became interested in each other.

I want to have full independence. I'm not one of those person lives with someone because of their money.

Good for you. Being dependent on someone else's money is not a good way to live. Now, I just wish someone would talk to my current bf about the benefits self-sufficiency. :rolleyes:

That's very profound, C.W. ... and very good advice!

Did you meet your ex-gf on a dating site, or did you meet in a forum or newsgroup setting? I met my English ex-bf on a newsgroup and we got to know each other casually for a year before we became interested in each other.
Well we first meet on a chat program called ICQ. We spoke for a while, and started to get interested in each other. After speaking for about 5 to 6 months, we planed to meet each other 3 to 4 months after that date. I never traveled overseas before alone before so it was a interesting experience for me.

Same here. It was a good experience looking back on it now.
Yes. There would be no way I would be afford to be in Europe if I was not dating her. I mean hotels are bloody expensive. But you know, I wouldn't had interest about the Swedish culture if I would't have date her. But after that day, I do have lots of interest in Sweden and I know I would travel there again.

New Threads

Top Bottom