• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

Twitter, what do you think of it?

I don't really have a lot of good to say about Twitter I guess.

I've tried it, and still have an account (will get to the why in a moment) but it seems much like Tumblr, where everyone can share what they want and you end up with a lot crap and it takes too much time to find the little gems of awesome. I've looked into Twitter feeds of people I like for one reason or another, but there's just so much noise going on. For every worthwhile tweet on someones feed, there are 10 that are not relevant in any way. If I'm going to follow some scientist, I'm following this person because of science, not to hear about his personal life and whatever he has going on that is no relevance to me. I guess Twitter (and actually all social media that have a feed of sorts) make people more human in that they offer a window into their personal lives, but honestly, I have no interest in someones personal life, I just want to hear things I know and like someone for (and a great personality or being a nice family behind it all is not it).

I don't really like the idea of limitation on letters either, but I guess if we didn't have that, we'd have full on essays in feeds and it would clutter up even more.

Here's why I actually have an account; I set up an account a few years back, because apparently, my internet service provider operates a 24 hour helpdesk through twitter. Only through twitter. If you need to speak to them on the phone they have limited openingtimes. So, eventually, when my internet broke down and there was a national holiday, the only way to reach them was... through Twitter. Totally great, having to figure out how it works as you actually need it for something relatively important (like fixing your connection)... don't even get me started on how silly it is to have a Twitter helpdesk if your main service is to provide internet connections (no internet means no twitter either... :rolleyes:)

Here's why I actually have an account; I set up an account a few years back, because apparently, my internet service provider operates a 24 hour helpdesk through twitter.
That sounds exceptionally lazy, stupid, and rude. "Internet's out? Report it to us on Twitter. Oh, yeah, the internet's out! Haha, joke's on you!"

No, I'm not on Tweeter, I don't think I'd have any use for it. From what I understand, people use it to follow other people, in particular famous people. I'm not really a people person and I'm not interested in celebrities.

After seeing this: http://neurosciencenews.com/lymphatic-system-brain-neurobiology-2080/ , which probably was on twitter before it hit other s.m. channels, I want to start following accounts that matter. I will have to make time for it 1st (for channels selecting) :)
Isn't this awesome discovery? I'm excited like a little kid who got a giant candy :D yes, I know, it's not about twitter, but the news has got me thinking about twitter.

New Threads

Top Bottom