• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

TV Shows We Dislike

Just today I watched one of the most unbelievably stupid things ever aired on TV - Heil Honey I'm Home. It's just your typical cliched sitcom, except the main characters are Adolf Hitler and his wife, and their two neighbours that get on his nerves, the Goldsteins. Unsurprisingly it was cancelled after just one episode. The whole thing was so bad I had a bit of fun laughing at it.

I've never understood the popularity of How I Met Your Mother ... I got really sick of everyone telling me how great it is, because it looked completely ridiculous to me. Not ridiculous like the real world, either ... just like some guy's fantasy of how he wished the world worked ... so when I heard it was ending it actually made me really happy. At least people would stop evangelizing to me about it. *ducks behind sofa*

I've never understood the popularity of How I Met Your Mother ... I got really sick of everyone telling me how great it is, because it looked completely ridiculous to me. Not ridiculous like the real world, either ... just like some guy's fantasy of how he wished the world worked ... so when I heard it was ending it actually made me really happy. At least people would stop evangelizing to me about it. *ducks behind sofa*
That's OK, I couldn't stand 3rd Rock, everyone told me how great it was, I watched it once and thought it was stupid and the laugh track was extremely annoying.

Geordie shore
coronation street
x factor
Big Brother
Freinds
Most uk property development shows
Most swedish tv is crap (they show lots of old american shows like "the days of our lives")
The simpsons

I always switch over if Gordon Ramsey appears, I absolutely hate him.
Loose women ( like the Voice in USA)

I like to watch youtube instead. or read

I'm pretty sure Sheldon on The Big Bang Theory portrays many of the Aspie traits!?

I hate Sheldon, and I hate BBT. It is a caricature of ASD more than a portrayal. It does more harm than good.

Like others, I also hate all reality shows except those about home renovations or, on occasion, bar rescue. Even though they are too "contrived" for my tastes, the actual design/strategy elements in home renovations shows and bar rescue make them watchable for me.

Lastly, I hate almost all children's shows not based on comic books, and even then there are few good ones 'cept those written by Paul Dini. Just b/c they're kids doesn't mean they can't follow a plot. Incredibles did a great job - go Pixar.

It would be a much shorter list if I named the shows I did like. :p

Normal Aspies are picky about food. I am picky about television.

• Big Bang Theory
  • 'How I Met Your Mother
  • Friends
  • Hot Like Us
  • Two and a Half Men
  • The Mentalist (obviously stole its premise from a superior tv show called Psych)
  • Vampire Diaries
  • Once
  • Revenge
  • Grimm
  • Two Broke Girls
  • Downton Abbey (I have a love/hate relationship with this one.)
  • The View

• Big Bang Theory
  • 'How I Met Your Mother
  • Friends
  • Hot Like Us
  • Two and a Half Men
  • The Mentalist (obviously stole its premise from a superior tv show called Psych)
  • Vampire Diaries
  • Once
  • Revenge
  • Grimm
  • Two Broke Girls
  • Downton Abbey (I have a love/hate relationship with this one.)
  • The View
got a laugh out of Grimm...that is my name :p

Really? That's a cool name to have! Equally as cool as when I met someone with the name Darko (have you seen the movie Donnie Darko?).
no,I have not,but will look for it ;)
I am related of the fairytale brothers :D

I'm a cartoon person that misses the cartoons of the early 2000s like Ed, Edd,n Eddy, so my list of shows I hate are mostly current day cartoons:

Spongebob (I love the early seasons, but the newer episodes are pretty freaky)
Adventure Time
Mad
Hannah Montana

Wow, there's a lot less in my list than I expected!

Right now we don't have cable, we only have Netflix and also Amazon but it rarely works so I usually just watch Netflix.

The shows I don't like are

Scandal. My husband watches this, mainly because he likes the main character. It reminds me of a dumbed down version of the West Wing written like a soap opera and produced and shot by the same people who brought us The Vampire Diaries.

All the Star Treks. My husband is a trekkie and while I have no problem with the shows themselves i got very tired of them very fast because he had to watch every one whenever it was on. He's NT, I'm the aspie.

CSI Miami. Overacting at it's worst. I can't stand anything about it.

I can tolerate most things as background noise though, but I tune those out especially.

Those reality /survivor shows with idiots eating bugs and other stupid things. Can't stand them. On the other hand, I really like survival shows where people are out in the wild and they show them finding food, water and shelter and making primitive fires.

I don't much care for those but I have been watching Mountain Men some. I like it ok. What I don't like about it is Eustace at the place in North Carolina. He's not actually anything except running a business that teaches survival skills. While the other people they feature are actually living out in the middle of nowhere and one of them has to fly his tiny plane for a few hours over the Alaskan wilderness to get to anywhere when he's out in his winter cabin where he does his trapping, Eustace walks to his mailbox. There is a parking lot there for his place and lots of employees and a cafeteria and a gift shop. He looks like he's the real deal at first and he does know his stuff, but his place is like Disneyland for survivalists. Google his place where they film it, it's called Turtle Island and it's in North Carolina.

The main think I dislike about those survival shows are how they try to play up what they are filming as so very dangerous like the guy is out there all alone and you are watching him. There's a film crew right there with him who I guarantee you are in touch with people who can get a helicopter or someone to them fairly fast. While what they are showing may be somewhat dangerous, with the presence of the film crew it's not that bad. Alone it would be, and I understand they are trying to show you what the guy goes through alone. Mountain Men shows you what these guys actually do do, alone in the woods and such even without a crew, but some of the shows where they set up a situation and put someone in it, that's pretty far from danger.

Good point...I've watched all of those except Sons of Anarchy. Can't say any of them have really sympathetic characters....although Walter White and Jesse Pinkman fascinating me with their complexity and contrasting behavior.

I liked Jesse in Breaking Bad. I liked Mr White at first but then he just got mean and they made him much more of a badass than he ever would have become if it were real. It just got stupid at the end.

I like a couple of the people on SoA. I can't remember their names though, it's been so long! I like the crazy mean skinny biker, I like the one that did the Elvis impersonation, I like Gemma a lot. I couldn't really get into it after his son got kidnapped and taken to Ireland and everybody went to find him and they got into all that IRA stuff. I like the Irish biker too, who has the scars on each side of his face.

When shows just go too far with a storyline, I lose interest. I understand about suspending belief for entertainment but I like things to stay someone realistic.

Rescue Me was pretty good in all aspects but I thought that it was absolutely ridiculous how Tommy Gavin (Dennis Leary) always had all these hot women falling all over him. Franco, yeah. Probie Mike, yeah. Tommy Gavin, no way.

no,I have not,but will look for it ;)
I am related of the fairytale brothers :D

Can you get me an autographed copy? ;-)

As much I would like to post here, since I hate most popular shows and many people would sue me after I write my comment, I have to say I can't comment for this thread.

Reality. I just hate any and all reality shows. I am so over seeing them everywhere and people talking about them and everything. It's so stupid. Do you not realise these are people. Real people. I know they 'signed up for it' but seriously you take pleasure in the punishment and tears ect of real people. What is wrong with you?

My apologies to anyone who loves reality. This is not suppose to offend it is simply my several year awaiting rant compounded by a discussion with some of my friends a few weeks ago over an episode of the show 'my strange addiction'.

New Threads

Top Bottom