• Welcome to Autism Forums, a friendly forum to discuss Aspergers Syndrome, Autism, High Functioning Autism and related conditions.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Private Member only forums for more serious discussions that you may wish to not have guests or search engines access to.
    • Your very own blog. Write about anything you like on your own individual blog.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon! Please also check us out @ https://www.twitter.com/aspiescentral

TV Shows We Dislike

I don't remember the names because I don't watch them :)
I can tolerate pretty much any show, but it's a little hard for me to digest reality shows about housewives, random people's lives, celebrities or whatnot.
We used to watch Duck Dynasty though. We banned it after the anti-gay stuff... it was a little disappointing but predictable...

I absolutely loathe Bob’s Burgers, Gravity Falls, Avatar the Last Airbender, and Spongebob. If I see any merchandise with those shows, I immediately want to throw it on to the ground, stomp on it violently, set ablaze with a flamethrower, and once the fire has gone out I want to douse the ashes with some acid.

ALL reality TV, news, current affairs, chat shows, most game shows, sports apart from snooker, modern sitcoms because they are about as funny as slowly being fed through a shredder without anaesthetic. I watched ten seconds of a kid's TV show and felt like my brain shrinking because it was dumbed down to the point only two brain cells were needed. Car shows because of the infuriating repetition of what was done in the previous part taking up a quarter of the next one.

Any show presented by someone who hasn't a clue on the subject of the show they're presenting. Thirty seconds of listening to them makes me suspicious that their brain has been replaced by excrement and they have yet to notice.

The things I watch on TV are all pre-recorded. This means I skip the adverts and the irritating repeats of what happened five minutes ago because the majority of people these days have the attention span of an amoeba. I have reduced a program purporting to be an hour into five minutes of intelligent content far too often.

Any program that shows something interesting then drip feeds it to you so you have to suffer the whole program.

I'd better stop here or the mods might move this post to the ranting thread....:innocent:

I dislike and so don't watch: sport (mindnumbingly boring), talk shows (boring), reality shows (pointless), game shows (most are mindless trivia) and just about any show with the word "celebrity" in the title.

I don't watch live TV because I don't want to have to sit through 5 minutes of commercials every 10 minutes.

I generally like documentaries, but often have issues with the special effects. If the documentary has a lot of flashing / fast-changing scenes, sound effects or loud background music, I can't watch it. When it suddenly speeds up, or slows down. I just want to see things how they are. If the subject matter is interesting, that will keep me engaged and I don't need any special affects added to keep my attention or to make it more 'exciting'.

Edit: also I dislike documentaries that are dummed down, or one that are so obviously staged without it being made clear that this is the case, that seems fake to me.

News and current affairs shows: will watch, because I want to know what is happening in the world, but I'm aware that there are always two or more sides to a news story and I don't like the way music is sometimes added to make it more dramatic, or how new topics are often sensationalised. Most news stories aren't fake as such - they are about real things that are happening, but they are often told with a particular slant, bias or angle, that may or may not support or promote political agendas. I don't like to be told what to think, or how to feel, I just want the facts and all sides of the story so I can make up my own mind about the issue.

Last edited:
I hate them all, I'd rather watch someone's 'boring' youtube video because it's more engaging to my senses when they just tell things like they are, don't have to censor themselves for TV and can basically trespass or do whatever they want in the process (this works especially well for some of my obsessive interests!).

Everything on TV seems fake, and although that's true for at least 75% of youtube videos, I like to seek out the small minority of genuine creators who cross over into my interests because, honestly, the world is full of less and less of them as time goes on in favor of the "hey, look at this crazy thing" / meme content / TV-style format.

I'm not anti-fun, I just want some substance and soul thrown in there. It's like it's disappearing

Another show I dislike greatly is King of the Hill mostly because I really hate Hank and Cotton. I would love to see someone beat up Hank to a pulp after he threatens to kick their butt just to teach him a lesson. I’d even pay someone to clobber him with an empty propane tank for ironic purposes if it’d get him to shut up and stop being such an arrogant jerk who thinks he’s the most important person in the world. As for Cotton, a slight bump to make him fall over would have satisfied my need to see him suffer.

I also hated Two Broke Girls and Friends. The only person on Friends that isn’t a bad actress I would say is Jennifer Aniston because she has made some really good movies and she’s the only one that still makes good money for studios because people actually want to see her act. Courtney Cox and Lisa Kudrow are awful actresses and Matthew Perry and David Arquette are also horrible at acting and David Schwimmer might have made money with the Madagascar movies but that doesn’t mean he’s a good actor as they have little kids do voice work as well and it is something literally anyone can do.

I highly recommend reading Jerry Mander's "Four Arguments for the Elimination of Television." I have never owned a TV, and am glad to continue.

I don't like a lot of reality shows, especially those who star the Kardashians. Those women are spoiled brats who get anything they want and get away with their negative actions scot-free. I especially hate Kim who is the worst of them all.

I also don't like Mom, because almost all the characters are unlikeable, and I happen to find Allison Janney very annoying. Another sitcom I hate is How I Met Your Mother, as well as its spinoff. The former's finale is nothing but a ratings trap (much like Family Guy's "Life of Brian" episode), which is why I refuse to watch the latter show, as it will probably end the same way.

Y'all seem to have watched a lot of TV that you were not enjoying, to describe it so extensively. There is a substantial list of celebrity names I recognize, but I don't know if they are associated with sport, music, or general notoriety.

oh dear lord. My husband adores Drugs, Inc and The First 48 and I just want to poke my eyes out every time they are on. I'll just leave and go to bed. Oh and sports. It's beyond me how he can sit and watch tennis for hours. I like documentaries, especially health or space ones. I watch a lot of sci fi/natural disaster movies. Not a fan of most reality, especially competition based ones. And hate me if you must, but I would rather have my teeth worked on than sit through an episode of Futurama, Friends, or Seinfeld. Most sitcoms are just....ick. Well now I feel on a rant:) For years, I didn't even have a tv, I just watched videos or movies on my pc. I'd do it again in heartbeat, but my husband is a tv junkie.

Gilligan's Island

Even as a kid I hated the show. I could never understand why they just didn't take Gilligan into the jungle and come back alone. It was so illogical to me back then, now it's just not funny . . . UGH!!!
Speaking of funny….I want to know why people think America’s Funniest Home Videos was worth watching!!! What was funny about any of that, not to mention just boring!

I have similar mixed emotions on some too. Like The Walking Dead, Breaking Bad and American Horror Story. All very good acting, just a bit more of a world than I can handle in any kind of reality! I'll throw in Sons of Anarchy, haven't been able to finish the first season of that one!!! Lol
I sat through the entire series of Sons of Anarchy with my late husband. He was a Harley biker. That show had the most brutal scenes I’ve ever watched! I’m a lightweight cream puff but I still liked the show.

Sports.
Anything to do with sports.
Such a waste of airspace on the TV.

I want to watch the news.
I don't want to watch sports news.
Sports news is not news.

Did I say I hate sports?

But the only exception is the Olympics.
Just kidding.
I hate the Olympics too.
Thankfully, we have cable TV these days.

"I hate sports."
That will be engraved on my tombstone.

The end...

New Threads

Top Bottom